Enpass Discussion Forum

App extension not showing up anymore on Safari

WizMeister

It's been almost a week now since I've noticed that the Safari app extension of Enpass does not show up when I tap on the "Share" button of Safari.

I tried to delete and re-install the Enpass app, but no change.

• Enpass iOS app version 6.6.3
  • iOS Version: 14.6

This quite frustrating as I do not want to use the password auto-fill functionality since I also use keychain for some accounts.

At your disposal if you need any kind of logs etc...

5 hours ago, Garima Singh said:

Hey @WizMeister

Welcome to the forum!

Our team tested this but did not come across such an issue while looking for the problem at our end. Is it possible for you to share a snapshot or a screen-record when the problem surfaces.

Thanks!

Hi @Garima Singh

Fun thing. I went ahead to create a screen recording for you. The extension did not show up as I explained on my previous post, but the phone language was in Greek so I deleted the recording and went ahead to switch the language to English and record again.

Started recording, opened Safari and boom the Enpass extension was there. Switched the language back to Greek and it was still there.  How weird. I am an iOS software engineer myself and I have seen many hiccups with extensions, but not one that involves the phone language.

This clearly looks like an iOS issue, so I am sorry for the effort your developers have put into investigating this, but maybe this answer might help other people facing the same issue, to "resolve" it.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have never been able to get the app extension to show up on either an iPhone or an iPad. It seems I cannot upload videos due to the forum only allowing images or a plist (???) so I attached 2 images showing that 1Password and iCloud both work fine but Enpass doesn't show up.

Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 2.44.33 PM.png

image.thumb.png.7776cf65b42e8fd4cfac35e064d360f9.png

Edited by Mike D

Hi @Mike D

Welcome to the Enpass Forums.

For the Enpass auto-fill to work on your iOS/iPadOS devices, kindly ensure that you have enabled the settings mentioned in this link. If they are enabled, try disabling and enabling them again.

If the issue persists, please share the below details with me and I'll have this concern investigated for you -

1. The version of the Enpass app, OS and browser you are using on the devices on which you are facing this concern.
  2. Are you facing this issue on particular apps/webpages or all of them? Kindly share a name of few so we may investigate those.