Jump to content
Enpass Discussion Forum

Secondary vault don't get updated - Solved


Recommended Posts

Hi 

I have been using IPhone with iCloud vault but recently purchased an Android and wanted to have another vault in OneDrive so I can sync with that for my Android but the problem is that nothing is added to this new vault. 

It sync without issue but there is zero items. 

Don't see what else I can do? 

Does it not work to have more than 1 vault? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by vampyren
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @vampyren

Thanks for writing in.

As far as I understood, the primary vault of the Enpass is synced with iCloud and secondary vault is synced with One-drive on your iOS device. If you are looking to restore the data of Enpass vault(primary or secondary) from iOS to your Android device, then follow the below steps-

  • Open Enpass on Android device > Click on Settings > Tap on Vaults > Click on '+' to create a new vault > Continue > Select the cloud with which you wish to restore data > Enter cloud account details > Click on Continue > Enter password and Continue.

If I misunderstood the problem, please revert back.

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

You sort of understood it but not fully.

To start with yes my primary vault is iCloud on windows. I added secondary vault also on windows and assume all the data from primary would be also updated on secondary. 

So then on my android i added the secondary from the Windows (on OneDrive). 

So the question is how can i have 2 vault with the same data? I want to use iCloud for some devices and OneDrive for other. I dont want to have iCloud on Android as it works really bad plus i want to use OneDrive there. Is this doable? 

I still dont understand why i can add multiple vaults when data is not backed up there from my Primary? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, vampyren said:

Hi,

You sort of understood it but not fully.

To start with yes my primary vault is iCloud on windows. I added secondary vault also on windows and assume all the data from primary would be also updated on secondary. 

So then on my android i added the secondary from the Windows (on OneDrive). 

So the question is how can i have 2 vault with the same data? I want to use iCloud for some devices and OneDrive for other. I dont want to have iCloud on Android as it works really bad plus i want to use OneDrive there. Is this doable? 

I still dont understand why i can add multiple vaults when data is not backed up there from my Primary? 

No, the primary vault won't replicate to any additional vaults if that's what your after. It's sole purpose is rather the opposite, to segment items, like private vs work. You can copy or move items (one or all) between vaults though as a onetime operation. 

The cloud providers supported in Enpass are mostly oath-based so there shouldn't any any difference between which OS or device you're using

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote
5 minutes ago, Ivarson said:

No, the primary vault won't replicate to any additional vaults if that's what your after. It's sole purpose is rather the opposite, to segment items, like private vs work. You can copy or move items (one or all) between vaults though as a onetime operation. 

The cloud providers supported in Enpass are mostly oath-based so there shouldn't any any difference between which OS or device you're using

 

 

Yes that was what i was thinking but i see the usecase with segregated vaults also. 

How do you do the copy/move ? i had to export from primary to a file and use the "Backup File" for the new Vault to move the items there. Is there another way?

image.png.5386e6cc44fd347f68e69b155a0b3b3b.png

Still i do see a usecase for having multiple vault for the same data as data backup protection. Say my iCloud account somehow gets hacked or i cant access it i want to have a additional sync up and running. Maybe users could choose between that and segregated vaults. 

I understand the oath-based argument but without going into deep discussion i just want to use iOS stuff on my iPhone and thats it. 

Thanks for the help. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, vampyren said:

Yes that was what i was thinking but i see the usecase with segregated vaults also. 

How do you do the copy/move ? i had to export from primary to a file and use the "Backup File" for the new Vault to move the items there. Is there another way?

image.png.5386e6cc44fd347f68e69b155a0b3b3b.png

Still i do see a usecase for having multiple vault for the same data as data backup protection. Say my iCloud account somehow gets hacked or i cant access it i want to have a additional sync up and running. Maybe users could choose between that and segregated vaults. 

I understand the oath-based argument but without going into deep discussion i just want to use iOS stuff on my iPhone and thats it. 

Thanks for the help. 

First of you have to select the vault you want to copy /move from. Do that by selecting the vault in the upper left corner. Then you can select one or many items and click "Add to vault" >move /copy. 

Backup is a good idea, but there's already automatic backup enabled by default on the Desktop versions (to local drive). 

It'll keep the last 60 vault-versions or so which can be tricky on some cloud providers 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ivarson said:

First of you have to select the vault you want to copy /move from. Do that by selecting the vault in the upper left corner. Then you can select one or many items and click "Add to vault" >move /copy. 

Backup is a good idea, but there's already automatic backup enabled by default on the Desktop versions (to local drive). 

It'll keep the last 60 vault-versions or so which can be tricky on some cloud providers 

ahh thanks i missed that. Ok so atleast if the sync dissapears it should work from local copy then. Good to know. Thanks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, vampyren said:

ahh thanks i missed that. Ok so atleast if the sync dissapears it should work from local copy then. Good to know. Thanks. 

Yes, the local vaults will continue to work if the sync providers is being disconnected or malfunctions, the local backups in addition gives you the ability to restore the vaults to a version created way back (if you discover some severe errors that's been laying around for some time) 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • vampyren changed the title to Secondary vault don't get updated - Solved
  • Moderator locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...