Enpass Discussion Forum

Wi-Fi sync issues, error messages

rigmarole

Hey there,

I keep running into problems with both methods for setting up Wi-Fi sync. I’ve tried all the recommended troubleshooting tips, restarting devices, pausing/stopping the sync server, etc., but nothing seems to be working.

Trying to set up Wi-Fi sync with the QR code yields the following message:

"Error
Couldn’t connect to Wi-Fi Sync Server. Make sure that server is running and you are connected to same network.”

But unfortunately, the server is running and I am connected to the same wireless local area network. Attempting to connect manually results in my iOS application just spinning its gears indefinitely on the “Looking up for servers…” status. 

The vault has already been set up on my desktop version of the application, as well.

Thoughts? I’m at somewhat a loss.

Hi @rigmarole

Welcome to the Enpass Community!

Please share the below information with me and I will get it checked with the concerned team -

1. The OS you are using on your desktop and its version
  2. The version of the Enpass App you are using

Would also suggest you to check the following links to make sure you are not missing any steps while trying to setup Wifi Sync-

1. For Setting wifi sync through Manual Setup
  2. For setting wifi sync through QR Code
  3. For Troubleshooting

I have run into this same issue with an iPad Pro that previously was working with WiFi sync to a Mac running the server. I had not synced in a while so I was updating all the devices today and just this one iPad will not sync and cannot see the WiFi server running on the Mac. The iPad is running iOS 14.8 and Enpass 6.7.0 (562). I tried all the troubleshooting methods and rebooted every device including the WiFi and router. I can successfully sync a Macbook, a Mac Mini, an iPad and an iPhone. It's just this one iPad Pro that is not working. The server Mac is running Mac OS 11.6 and Enpass 6.7.3 (888).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Over two weeks now with a completely borked update. I would consider rolling back to the previous version. Really not acceptable that a core feature breaks like this. This version was launched for your business offering. As someone who runs a business I do not gain trust to pay for a business subscription given how lightly this issue have been tackled. Very little information. Barely able to confirm the issue on Twitter. A very serious bug and two weeks of radio silence. I run a software company myself and for such a serious bug I would just roll back to the previous version. This together with your outdated external security audit makes it difficult for me to trust Enpass with a business subscription. I know fixing bugs can be difficult but please improve how you communicate such issues.

• 4 weeks later...

FYI I finally broke down and deleted Enpass from the iPad Pro. After reinstallation I was able to connect and sync to the Mac serving WiFi. What I don't know is if I lost any Enpass entries made on the iPad since it had been unable to sync to the vault on the Mac over the last several months. I did made a backup of the iPad vault first, but I did not see a way of merging/syncing it with the up-to-date vault on the Mac. It's probably fine as I don't think anything critical was created on the iPad that could not be recovered.

• 2 weeks later...

@Sleepyhead

I can certainly understand your disappointment in this matter.

For troubleshooting purposes, please try disconnecting the Wifi sync from all connected devices and re-sync them again. I would also suggest checking our troubleshooting guide. If the issue persists, please share the below information with me and I'll get it investigated for you -

1. The version of the Enpass App and OS you are using on the devices on which you are facing this issue.
  2. A screenshot of the error occurring would be helpful.