Enpass Discussion Forum

"Copy to clipboard" not working if Xcode Simulator is running

Dizzy

I’m using Enpass 6.7.4 (938) on a M1 MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021, MacOS 12.1), and I find myself unable to copy any stored usernames or passwords to the clipboard while the Apple Xcode Simulator App is also running. Using the “copy” button flashes the “Copied to Clipboard” message, but the clipboard remains empty (in fact, if there were previous contents stored in the clipboard, those are also cleared after pressing the “copy” button). Alternative ways of copying the item (e.g. ⌘C) similarly don't work.

Changing the “Clear Content After” value in the Security Settings (or disabling the feature altogether) and relaunching the Enpass app appears to have no effect. Enpass remains unable to copy any credentials. On the other hand, if the Xcode Simulator App is closed, the Enpass “copy” functionality immediately resumes to work normally. 

This bug severely limits the utility of Enpass on my dev Mac. Is this a known issue, and is there a fix/workaround available?

If it helps in any way, looking at the Mac’s console while pressing the defunct “copy” button, a bunch or error logs pop up, e.g. 

pasted: Could not save item 0x60...0 representation type org.nspasteboard.TransientType. Error: Error Domain=CFPasteboardErrorDomain Code=-11 "pasteboard promise refused"

and

CoreSimulatorBridge (Pasteboard): ...saving pasteboard failed with error: Error Domain=CFPasteboardErrorDomain Code=-11 "pasteboard promise refused"

Thanks in advance for your support!

• Thanks 1

Aha well spotted Dizzy! I've been having the same problem for some time but it didn't occur to me until now that it was the Simulator app causing the issue...

For now you can workaround the problem by disabling the "automatically sync pasteboard" feature in Simulator.app, although inconvenient it's better than closing the simulator.

• Like 2

On 3/1/2022 at 8:52 AM, MrStevns said:

Aha well spotted Dizzy! I've been having the same problem for some time but it didn't occur to me until now that it was the Simulator app causing the issue...

For now you can workaround the problem by disabling the "automatically sync pasteboard" feature in Simulator.app, although inconvenient it's better than closing the simulator.

Good thinking; thanks for sharing, MrStevns! I can confirm that unchecking the "automatically sync pasteboard" option under Edit is a valid workaround for now.

• 3 months later...
On 2/22/2022 at 1:43 PM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @Dizzy

Welcome to the Enpass community!

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Our dedicated testing team has been notified of this concern, and I will keep you posted regarding any updates here. We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

#SI-2635

Do you have an ETA regarding a possible fix for this? I'm on a 14'' M1 MacBook Pro and still have this issue.

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2022 at 2:26 AM, Dizzy said:

I’m using Enpass 6.7.4 (938) on a M1 MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021, MacOS 12.1), and I find myself unable to copy any stored usernames or passwords to the clipboard while the Apple Xcode Simulator App is also running. Using the “copy” button flashes the “Copied to Clipboard” message, but the clipboard remains empty (in fact, if there were previous contents stored in the clipboard, those are also cleared after pressing the “copy” button). Alternative ways of copying the item (e.g. ⌘C) similarly don't work.

Changing the “Clear Content After” value in the Security Settings (or disabling the feature altogether) and relaunching the Enpass app appears to have no effect. Enpass remains unable to copy any credentials. On the other hand, if the Xcode Simulator App is closed, the Enpass “copy” functionality immediately resumes to work normally. 

This bug severely limits the utility of Enpass on my dev Mac. Is this a known issue, and is there a fix/workaround available?

If it helps in any way, looking at the Mac’s console while pressing the defunct “copy” button, a bunch or error logs pop up, e.g. 

pasted: Could not save item 0x60...0 representation type org.nspasteboard.TransientType. Error: Error Domain=CFPasteboardErrorDomain Code=-11 "pasteboard promise refused"

and

CoreSimulatorBridge (Pasteboard): ...saving pasteboard failed with error: Error Domain=CFPasteboardErrorDomain Code=-11 "pasteboard promise refused"

Thanks in advance for your support!

@Dizzy You're an absolute legend! I never would have suspected the Simulator. Thank you.