Enpass Discussion Forum

Help Please. How do I stop Sync ?

Andy_1

I changed my password on my OneDrive account  - which is used for Sync in Enpass. 

Now Enpass just sits there trying to Sync.  I can't stop it and therefore I can't enter new account details.  Without new account details it won't work.

Please tell me how I stop the Sync'ing.

Just to add a little more.  It's dead easy to do this on iPad and iPhone.   You can choose disconnect and then just reconnect. You can do this whilst the sync is in progress. 

On the PC however there seems to be no obvious was to do this.  And I haven't tried the Mac yet.

I think I've worked this out.  Pure trial and error.

If I type in my password.  Hit enter.  Then very quickly press the onedrive icon, I have around 0.5 seconds to hit disconnect FAST.  I failed a few times, but finally managed to do it.  Seems now I can disconnect and reconnect.

Then to try the Mac :-(

Process was the same on the MAC.  A vital tip though.  On PC and MAC you need to close Enpass from the System tray too.  This gives you the vital part of a second you need to reach the disconnect button.  Otherwise it syncs instantly.

In future.  ALWAYS disconnect SYNC before changing your password for the service used in Enpass.

Even better....  It would be great if Enpass could add a function to either STOP SYNC or an option to NOT SYNC AUTOMATICALLY ON STARTUP.  However I saw the later was requested by users 4 years ago and was never implemented.

Once again.  There are no issues on iPad or iPhone where you can easily disconnect, even whilst sync is in progress.

Good luck.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

To check your network type on the server, go to Device Settings > Network and Internet > Status > Properties > Network profile. It would be either “Public” or “Private”.
If Windows had already displayed the Firewall popup and you don’t know which option you selected, follow these instructions to reset the access permission for Enpass Wi-Fi Sync Server.

Open Windows Device Settings > Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall > Allowed apps.
Navigate to wifisyncserver_bin.
Select wifisyncserver_bin and click Remove.
Now open Enpass and go to app settings > Wi-Fi Sync > Stop Server.
Restart Enpass and go to app settings > Wi-Fi Sync > Start Server.
When the Windows Defender Firewall popup is displayed, click the corresponding Private or Public checkbox and ‘Allow Access’.

Regards,
James