Enpass Discussion Forum

Wifi sync issues with iPhone

Rodrigo2

I am unable to sync using wifi between my iPhone and Macbook. My Android phone works fine.

The QR code method times out with an error: "Couldn't connect to Wi-Fi Sync Server. Make sure that server is running and you are connected to same network"

The 'Restore Manually' method keeps on looking for servers but never finds the Macbook.

I have tried all the steps in the Wifi sync troubleshooting guide but the issue persists.

I have also disabled the firewall, reinstalled Enpass on both devices and restarted the Sync Server multiple yet the issue remains.

I also ran a port scan from my iPhone and it can see that the Wi-Fi sync server port is open and accessible. However, Enpass doesn't seem to want to connect to it.

Enpass version 6.8.6 (684)
iOS version 16.3.1
MacOS version 13.2.1 (Ventura)

Edited by Rodrigo2
Title change

• Rodrigo2 changed the title to Wifi sync issues with iPhone

Hi @Rodrigo2

Welcome to the Enpass Forums.

For troubleshooting purposes, please try the below steps -

1. Ensure that you have allowed access to Enpass in your Firewall/Antivirus Settings. Moreover, if you are using any VPN service, try disabling it to check if the issue persists.
  2. Otherwise, create a manual backup of your Enpass data and then reinstall the app on your iPhone.

If the issue persists, please share the version of the Enpass app you are using on your Mac and I'll have this further investigated for you.