Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass doesn't remember keyfile

0n10n

Hello,

I recently added a keyfile to my standard vault and it's working fine so far. Except I have to select the keyfile again on every start of enpass. Of course I have already set the option to remember the last used keyfile (see attached images).

The keyfile is stored on an internal drive (ssd) and the behaviour is always the same whether it's at system start oder after exiting enpass and starting it again manually.

I don't want to select the keyfile on any start. How can get it to work? Or is this a bug in enpass?

Regards

2023-02-22 20_02_51-Enpass.png

2023-02-22 19_58_48-Enpass.png

• 3 months later...

Hi @0n10n

Our development team is already aware of this issue, and they are working on fixing it. Unfortunately, I will be unable to share any ETA at the moment. Rest assured, I will update this forum when a fix for this concern is released. We appreciate your patience in the meantime and apologize for any inconvenience caused to you in this matter.

• 9 months later...

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us, and we understand the importance of addressing this promptly. As informed previously, the issue has been reproduced, and we are actively working on resolving it. Meanwhile, as a workaround:

1. Unlock Enpass.
  2. Go to Security.
  3. Set Up PIN (Enable and create a PIN to access Enpass).

Now, when you lock Enpass and instead of using the PIN, opt to unlock it via Master Password, the Key File will be remembered.

Note: You can now turn off the PIN feature if you prefer. Adding to it user can still use Keyfile to unlock, without having to set PIN, all he has to do, is manually lock Enpass and unlock using Keyfile(do this at least twice), without allowing App to quit. Once this is done, upon next unlock, user’s Keyfile location will be remembered.