Enpass Discussion Forum

Customised order of Fields as a template

SRR

Currently Enpass allows us to move the fields up and down within a particular entry, say Bank. Wish it was possible to fix the order of fields as a template, so it won't be necessary to move them up and down after creating every entry.

2 hours ago, SRR said:

Currently Enpass allows us to move the fields up and down within a particular entry, say Bank. Wish it was possible to fix the order of fields as a template, so it won't be necessary to move them up and down after creating every entry.

You can just create your own template from the Desktop-versions.

If you want to modify the field-order of a builtin template, say "Login -> Standard", you could create a new template, choose to copy existing (Standard), re-arrange the fields.

If you want to rearrange the fields of hundreds of items in a batch, youd have to do a file-export into JSON and do some serious Python-scripting,

But if you just want to move all items from the "Login" category to "My reorderd custom category" you just multiselect items from the category you want to hide, then select change category.

then you simply click in the left bar of Enpass and choose Edit Categories and untick the "Login".

Then for any newly created items, youll choose your custom category and theyll be sorted like you want.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I totally get what you mean. It would be super convenient to have a fixed template for the field order in Enpass. That way, no more rearranging every time! However, I've also found an excellent alternative for creating templates for my business projects and work tasks. I've been using https://docsandslides.com/googledocs/letterhead-templates/, and they offer all the necessary options I need. Plus, they’re super user-friendly and accessible. It's been a real time-saver for me! 

Edited by Salmathogan

Hi @Salmathogan

It is possible to create your own custom templates. Kindly refer to the steps in the link I shared in previous post to learn more about it.

On 5/8/2023 at 4:28 PM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @SRR

Welcome to the Enpass Forums.

In Enpass, you can create your own custom templates with fields and sections. To know more about it, please refer to this link.