Enpass Discussion Forum

Lifetime License

caspergsht42

Hi,

I got a lifetime license which I am quite happy with.

Now, it looks like you have stopped offering standard licenses and only offer a subscription (like 1p and which was the reason why I stopped using 1p). 

What is the limitation of the standard license and when do you expect to stop supporting the standard license in enPass?

Thanks.

Hi @Abhishek Dewan,

But what is the difference to the Lifetime Subscription I already have, and what is there to stop you from doing the same in a couple of years ?

I would rather pay for a normal license, say 45$ and then 35$ for upgrades - and then upgrade when there is a new version (which have something I need). The close 100$ for a life time license which last for ~4 years is not really that great.

• Like 1

Hi @caspergsht42

We certainly understand your disappointment in this matter and also appreciate your loyalty to Enpass, thank you for being with us for so long, and we sincerely hope that you continue to stay with us. We have worked diligently over the years to make Enpass the best Offline Password Manager. In order to enhance the security and services we offer and provide best in class support to our users, we introduced features like Breach monitoring and 2FA identification. Kindly refer to the following link to learn more about it.

Hi @Abhishek Dewan,

Thank you for that link.

As I said if you need money (which you obviously do) then offer a full version for x $ then provide free updates for that version, and offer an update for y $ to the next version. In the old days of software a new version was released every about 18 months.

Most people do not mind to pay for updates, the subscriptions makes people look for other vendors, me included.

• 4 months later...

Hey, I am still trying to understand because I also have lifetime plan. Does it mean that lifetime plan doesn't get future upgrades or only few years. While buying what I thought about lifetime was it would be as similar as premium monthly or yearly plan except I pay only once.

Edited by raalapas

I totally understand your concern. Let me clarify: if you have a one-time premium lifetime plan, you'll continue to receive all future upgrades and updates for Enpass without any additional cost. This lifetime plan ensures that you get access to all features and benefits, just like users with the premium monthly or yearly plan. So, you won't miss out on anything, and you'll enjoy the full functionality of Enpass for as long as you use it.

1 hour ago, Amandeep Kumar said:

I totally understand your concern. Let me clarify: if you have a one-time premium lifetime plan, you'll continue to receive all future upgrades and updates for Enpass without any additional cost. This lifetime plan ensures that you get access to all features and benefits, just like users with the premium monthly or yearly plan. So, you won't miss out on anything, and you'll enjoy the full functionality of Enpass for as long as you use it.

I doubt that will be the case forever, like you screwd us Pro Lifetime users over when you made the change. Not even a possibility to upgrade into the Premium Lifetime, just a eat or die situation. Very poorly handled.

Edited by AnakinCaesar