Enpass Discussion Forum

Desktop client randomly crashing 5.6.5

arinbell

I'm on Windows 10 build 1803 with all latest cumulative updates and running Enpass bridged version 5.6.5.

The client is randomly crashing with an error message, "Unfortunately, Enpass has stopped working because of some unexpected error. Application will now terminate."

The error occurrence is completely random and usually happens about couple minutes after being launched. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the client, and even tried running it on fresh install of Windows and problem persists.

As it was suggested in other thread, I tried using the traditional version available on the website, however, it gives me different error message claiming that it cannot find any database on my Google Drive. As last resort, I tried running portable version, however this time it doesn't even last couple minutes and crashes immediately as soon as I attempt to restore the database from Google Drive with the "Unfortunately, Enpass has stopped working" message. 

As all 3 versions available for desktop (except for modern UI version) is either crashing or not functioning outright, Enpass on desktop is pretty much unusable right now, and having to constantly log in to multiple accounts for school it makes it very difficult (sometimes impossible) to work on my computer right now as I'd have to type complicated password from my phone. 

Edit: Ok, so the issue with it not being able to find database wasn't just traditional version's issue. After that error, now it's showing same error for bridged version as well. It seems that trying to restore with traditional version (seems it's version was 5.6.0) have corrupted my database.

Edited by arinbell

Hey @arinbell

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

We've been looking into this issue and found that the crashes were prominent when using Enpass with " Windows 10 x64 1803 (17134.81)". So please update the latest preview OS build(17677) or either use a stable version of OS and let me know if the problem persists. 

Thanks.

I have the same problem as EricK.  I am running the latest release build of x64 Windows 10 Enterprise, 1803 (OS Build 17134.81), and Enpass is basically unusable.  It crashes within minutes or even seconds of starting it.  I'm on the latest supported build, which Microsoft has pushed out, and I don't have access to rolling things back.  If rolling back is your only fix, please let me know so that I can explore other software for our team.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just started to get this error message after the latest Insider update to-day.

However Enpass seems to be working fine as even after clicking on the Ok button an is allegedly closing the app it still opens .

I have also been suffering for some time with being told there is a problem if I click on the Edge button but once again Enpass works after clearing the message.

Another weird thing is that when I click on the edge button my file explorer starts up, not sure if it is connected with the other problems but I thought I would throw it in for free.

Colin