Enpass Discussion Forum

Wi-fi sync

Astrolab_Max

Hi!

A great feature would be to implement wi-fi sync without using any cloud service. For example, when your phone is connected on the same wifi as your computer, they automatically sync their data. That would be perfect for people who don't trust cloud services and only want their files to be stored locally.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I´ve the same question. Can you make it possible to sync with wlan or with the enpass file on the PC when the mobile device is connected with bluetooth? I don´t like sync my passwords with any cloud..... When one of this will be possible I immediately buy this software for my Iphone.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What would be better than a wi-fi sync would be a blue tooth or data cord sync.  Yes I know data cord is older sync tech, but what I am looking for would be a direct mobile device to PC two way sync.  No cloud.  I would buy the app as soon as that worked.  Right now I am on the fence if this product is really what I want.

Edited by LCR49
fix spelling

• 1 month later...

I was also looking for a local wifi sync solution. For that I just set up an webdav drive on my local debian server on a usb-stick. The advantage of this approach is that you can sync locally any time and keep your data in your intranet as desire. Being without wifi you will get an sync error which can be ignored. 

I know this will not be an option for everyone, but at least it will be possible to some folks.

Keep your data where it belongs.

Hank

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, 

I would be very happy if that feature would be added to Enpass because this feature to sync locally is still missing.

At least the folder sync could be added to the mobile versions (ios) so the possibility of syncing to a folder on a synology nas or other network storage system would be given.

web dav was not an option for me because it is a horrible thing to set up. (also it is again something to be able accessed externally and not JUST local)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...