Enpass Discussion Forum

Beta for Android with TOTP support is available on Play Store.

Vikram Dabas

Hey guys have a look at pre-released Enpass Beta v5.1.0 for Android with some of the most demanding features like TOTP support, selective field sharing and more. It's available under Open Beta Program and you can get it by becoming a tester here https://play.google.com/apps/testing/io.enpass.app. 

Some of the major highlights are:
* Time based One-Time Password (TOTP) Support.
* Selective field sharing.
* Increased pin code length upto 10 digits.
* Improved Enpass browser with support for custom user agent and search Engine DuckDuckGo.
* UI improvement.
* URL field of items now also supports more formats including third party App URLs.

Keep us busy for next update by reporting bugs and issues.

Enpass was responsible for 8% of my battery use today without me using it. Has anybody else had this issue? I am on Android 6.0.1, Nexus 6P, Not rooted or ROM'd (stock). I have not noticed this until today but my battery got really low so I checked to see if there were any standouts. Thanks for any help. Let me know if you need logs or anything (and how to get them) I'd love to help.

Thanks for communicating with us. One of the possible reason for draining extra battery could be Auto-fill service of Enpass which enables the Accessibility services of the device.

While working on the issue we found that disabling Enpass app auto-fill may resolve battery usage issue but once again we will have a look at it to optimize the battery consumption over the time and we have put it under observation. To investigate it further, we would like to know about your general usage of device i.e.

•  In which kind of activities you spend most of your time like Browsing, Reading or Gaming?
  •  How intensively you use your device?
  •  How much is your use of Enpass Keyboard (Always/while browsing only)?
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nikhil Kumar said:

Thanks for communicating with us. One of the possible reason for draining extra battery could be Auto-fill service of Enpass which enables the Accessibility services of the device.

While working on the issue we found that disabling Enpass app auto-fill may resolve battery usage issue but once again we will have a look at it to optimize the battery consumption over the time and we have put it under observation. To investigate it further, we would like to know about your general usage of device i.e.

•  In which kind of activities you spend most of your time like Browsing, Reading or Gaming?
  •  How intensively you use your device?
  •  How much is your use of Enpass Keyboard (Always/while browsing only)?

I was at work that day so mostly listening to podcasts and checking gmail, facebook (web/chrome) & feedly (web/chrome) on breaks. Nothing too intense. I was not using the Enpass keyboard that day. Usually, I access the keyboard when i need to log in somewhere. Without text prediction and correction my texts are a mess so I stick with my regular keyboard (ultra keyboard).

• Like 1

Hey @steelew

51 minutes ago, steelew said:

I was at work that day so mostly listening to podcasts and checking gmail, facebook (web/chrome) & feedly (web/chrome) on breaks. Nothing too intense. I was not using the Enpass keyboard that day. Usually, I access the keyboard when i need to log in somewhere. Without text prediction and correction my texts are a mess so I stick with my regular keyboard (ultra keyboard).

Please also confirm if you checked the Battery Consumption from Device Settings -> Battery, instead of any Third party App. It would be bit helpful in investigating into it.