Enpass Discussion Forum

Chrome Extension doesn't connect to lastest beta (28/11)

MilesTEG

Hello,

I can't manage to made the Chrome Extension version 6.0.0.56 to connect to the lastest Enpass Beta (28/11)...

I always get this on windows or macOS... :

209229297_2018-11-2908_12_36.png.84366adacaa79297b9db24f5dc8ff922.png

Before installating this lastest beta, I uninstall all other version of Enpass (previous beta, v5).

The lastest beta works fine with Firefox, and Safari (on my mac), but doesn't want to be connected to Chrome or Opera...

Any solution ? I have to switch to Firefox while this problem is solved...

Thanks

I - too - have sine one or two weeks the problem that the Enpass Chrome extension (6.0.0.56) IS NOT connection to Enpass and gives me the "Enpass Assistant is unable to connect with the Enpass app." error message.

An answer or solution from the developers would be very helpful...

Hey guys,

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

Please share some more info so that we can help you better.

• On which device (along with OS version) you are using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass and Enpass extension version you are using?
  • Are you using any Antivirus or third-party security-related extension?
  • Are you using both Enpass 5 and Enpass 6 version simultaneously on your device? In case if you using version 5, please close it and check.

Thanks for your co-operation.

In my case :

• On my mac (High Sierra 10.14.1 (18B75)), Enpass 6.0.0 (250), with Chrome version 70.0.3538.110 (Build officiel) (64 bits), and Enpass Extension v6.0.0.56.
    With Bitdefender Antivirus Version 7.2.1.6.
  • On my windows computer (Windows 10 v1809 - 17763.134 ), Enpass 6.0.0 (149) with Chrome version 70.0.3538.110 (Build officiel) (64 bits) or Opera version 57.0.3098.76 both with Enpass Extension v6.0.0.56.
    With Bitdefender Total Security v23.0.14.61.

On both computer, only Enpass 6 is running.

On both computer, Chrome (or Opera) won't connect to Enpass...

When this happens to me on my Mac (MacOS Mojave 10.41.1) using Chrome (latest version 70.0.3538.110) the Enpass app tries to open and then closes immediately, every time I click retry nothing happens and I cannot open the Enpass app either.

The way I resolve this is to open Activity Monitor.app and force kill the Enpass process (there is usually one running with very high CPU), I did restart chrome as well but I'm not sure if that's necessary. I then open the Enpass app directly and try again with the Chrome plugin and it works. 

2 hours ago, Anshu kumar said:
  • Are you using both Enpass 5 and Enpass 6 version simultaneously on your device? In case if you using version 5, please close it and check.

In addition to the info in my post above

- Enpass 6.0.0 (250)

- Extension 6.0.0.56

- No AV / security extensions in Chrome

- Only using Enpass 6

Hey guys,

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

Please share some more info so that we can help you better.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Enpass: Enpass Beta 6.0.0 (149) & Enpass Chrome extension (6.0.0.56)

Browser: Version 70.0.3538.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I'm not using any external Antivirus, just Windows Defender.

Enpass 5 is not installed on my computer.

Hey @furx505 

19 hours ago, furx505 said:

Enpass: Enpass Beta 6.0.0 (149) & Enpass Chrome extension (6.0.0.56)

Browser: Version 70.0.3538.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I'm not using any external Antivirus, just Windows Defender.

Enpass 5 is not installed on my computer.

Please install the latest beta version of Enpass 6 from this link and try again.

Hope this helps!

20 hours ago, MilesTEG said:

In my case :

• On my mac (High Sierra 10.14.1 (18B75)), Enpass 6.0.0 (250), with Chrome version 70.0.3538.110 (Build officiel) (64 bits), and Enpass Extension v6.0.0.56.
    With Bitdefender Antivirus Version 7.2.1.6.
  • On my windows computer (Windows 10 v1809 - 17763.134 ), Enpass 6.0.0 (149) with Chrome version 70.0.3538.110 (Build officiel) (64 bits) or Opera version 57.0.3098.76 both with Enpass Extension v6.0.0.56.
    With Bitdefender Total Security v23.0.14.61.

On both computer, only Enpass 6 is running.

On both computer, Chrome (or Opera) won't connect to Enpass...

To check if the Antivirus is blocking please turn off the firewall from Antivirus settings or you can try starting your system in safe mode. 

If the problem persists, please perform these steps and share the output at support@enpass.io:

Open Enpass and make sure that only the Enpass Firefox extension is enabled, now run the following command in command prompt:

• netstat -ano | findstr 10391

If this doesn't show any result, please try 10391 to 10395.

Whichever command gives the output, then run this command:

• echo off & (for /f "tokens=5" %a in ('netstat -aon ^| findstr 10391') do tasklist /NH /FI "PID eq %a") & echo on

Note: The value of findstr 10391 can be changed according to the output. For ex: suppose the output comes after running this command "netstat -ano | findstr 10392" then you have to run this command: 

•  echo off & (for /f "tokens=5" %a in ('netstat -aon ^| findstr 10392') do tasklist /NH /FI "PID eq %a") & echo on

1 hour ago, Anshu kumar said:

Hey @furx505 

Please install the latest beta version of Enpass 6 from this link and try again.

Hope this helps!

Well, how did that happen. I'm feeling like I have skipped one month. :D 

Yesterday Enpass did not show me any update at all, nevertheless, it's working now again! Thank you.

• Like 1

To check if the Antivirus is blocking please turn off the firewall from Antivirus settings or you can try starting your system in safe mode. 

If the problem persists, please perform these steps and share the output at support@enpass.io:

Open Enpass and make sure that only the Enpass Firefox extension is enabled, now run the following command in command prompt:

• netstat -ano | findstr 10391

If this doesn't show any result, please try 10391 to 10395.

Whichever command gives the output, then run this command:

• echo off & (for /f "tokens=5" %a in ('netstat -aon ^| findstr 10391') do tasklist /NH /FI "PID eq %a") & echo on

Note: The value of findstr 10391 can be changed according to the output. For ex: suppose the output comes after running this command "netstat -ano | findstr 10392" then you have to run this command: 

•  echo off & (for /f "tokens=5" %a in ('netstat -aon ^| findstr 10392') do tasklist /NH /FI "PID eq %a") & echo on

Hello,

There is no firewall in Bitedefender for Mac, only an antivirus, as I said I have Bitdefender Antivirus Version 7.2.1.6 on my mac.
There is no problem for Safari, or Firefox to connect to Enpass using their own extensions...
So I don't understand why you mentioned Firefox in your reply...

Your command "netstat -ano | findstr 10391" result in an error : netstat: illegal option -- o

The second command won't work : -bash: syntax error near unexpected token `"tokens=5"'

I repeat, only Chrome Extension doesn't work, and doesn't connect to Enpass...

Same here running Ubuntu and Manjaro Linux using latest Beta .149. No connection from Chrome extension possible, Enpass isnt usable currently. I only see a popup saying "Enpass 6 is ready" after it tries to connect to it. But no authentication.

//edit:

It's fixed for me by using the latest version (.197) for Linux. Somehow the update checks in Manjaro and also Ubuntu did not work. With the newest version the Chrome extension works for me.

Edited by 7Bit