Jump to content
insanelygreat

WebDAV Sync is broken after Update

Recommended Posts

After upgrading to the all new version from the AppStore, my WebDAV sync settings were gone (is it really necessary to drop the settings, please concentrate on functionality instead of fancy new UI so I tried to enter them again as follows:

URL: https://mynas.mylocaldomain:8081/home/

with correct username and password. The certificate for my NAS is correctly installed in iOS.

The app locks up and does not respond after I hit connect. There is something severely broken in the new version, pleas fix it, I rely on Enpass.

And please don't tell me to select the "bypass certificate" switch. This switch should not be there. The certifcate is the only thing that stops Enpass
dumping my password database on every server that impersonates my NAS.

Regards,

Christian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its the same on my iso device. Also on Windows 7. After updating the program crash every time when syncing over webdav. Bad Q&A for a important programm of daily work.

Regards,

Sylvio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @insanelygreat,

If your WebDAV have a non-trusted certificate/self-signed certificate you need to enable "Bypass certificate check" check. Enabling this flag doesn't mean we are not using https/encrypted channel for data transfer. Further, your data is always encrypted with your master password even while in transfer over LAN. Please read this FAQ.

@usersylvio@StefanT We are analyzing crash reports and release a fix soon. Also, it will greatly help us in debugging if you can PM me a demo webdav account(if possible at all).

Thanks:)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just update to version 6 via Windows Store (Windows 10) and run into same trouble. Can't restore my wallet from owncloud URL.
Message is something like "can't find Enpass data on this Webdav account" (translatet from German)

Edited by ScottT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ScottT said:

I just update to version 6 via Windows Store (Windows 10) and run into same trouble. Can't restore my wallet from owncloud URL.
Message is something like "can't find Enpass data on this Webdav account" (translatet from German)

Hi @Scott

Please login to your webdav account and download sync_default.walletx then restore it to Enpass 6 as an existing user through backup file.

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, I have another problem with webdav. When I reconfigured webdav sync, my Enpass application started to crash after few seconds of run ... I suppose it is due to webdav synchronization, because when I disable webdav (change password on webdav server), the enpass application is stable.

Edited by RastoD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sunil Kumar said:

Hi @Scott

Please login to your webdav account and download sync_default.walletx then restore it to Enpass 6 as an existing user through backup file.

Cheers!

Thanks Sunil! But how do I restore my owncloud sync? I share the wallet with an App.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, RastoD said:

Hi all, I have another problem with webdav. When I reconfigured webdav sync, my Enpass application started to crash after few seconds of run ... I suppose it is due to webdav synchronization, because when I disable webdav (change password on webdav server), the enpass application is stable.

Hello,

Same problem here. When update Enpass 6 on my Mac and my iPhone, I lost my WebDav settings. 

When set again on both device, both crash after few second. 

I'm very upset. It's a password application and I pay for it. Now, I cannot access to my password ... Do you test the new version ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×