Enpass Discussion Forum

Import of v5 data fails

clive

I have tried multiple times to upgrade with no success. I attempt to import the data from backups and the app just falls over... when I restart it clearly understood my password from v5 as it now prompts me for it but there is no data in the vault... and no longer any method to import it?

I am also have a similar problem on IOS recovering my data from OneDrive... in this case the app does not fall over but no data imported

The data is ok & I can create new backups having installed v5 on Windows and all in tact.

Edited by clive

I got the same problem, one of my laptops got automatically upgraded as well as my Android phone. Both were unable to import the v5 data. None of the methods I used worked, in al case the import crashed. This is very annoying as I now only have one desktop PC with a working version 5.

I did send message to support but no response sofar.

Lex

Same for me. Yesterday I had long discussion with Vinod Kumar from the Ipass team. He apologised a lot and suggested me to send crash report. Seem they do not consider it as imortant issue and refuse to acknowledge its critical issue. They were unaware the issue exists, even I wasnt the first one who claimed it.
As he said, we should wait...

Hi all,

Sorry for the trouble!

On 12/30/2018 at 8:30 PM, Lex said:

Both were unable to import the v5 data.

What do you mean that both were unable to import data. Did you installed them separately and tried to restore data from cloud, or if you got the update on v5, after entering master password all your data should have been upgraded. Was there any problem in upgrading.

Both applications were installed and when attempting the upgrade process failed.  My data was being sync'd with OneDrive.  The Windows store app literally failed seconds after the import process started.. when the app was relaunched it prompted me to send a note back to the developers (which I have done several times) and then the application appeared to have created a new vault with no data.  There were approx 125 records in the vault mainly login data..

I have managed to work around this now by reinstalling v5 and re-keying all my data into v6. I then re-installed the windows app and sync'd against the new vault.  not really my plans for new years eve..

18 hours ago, Hemant Kumar said:

What do you mean that both were unable to import data. Did you installed them separately and tried to restore data from cloud, or if you got the update on v5, after entering master password all your data should have been upgraded. Was there any problem in upgrading.

I automatically got the update and after entering the master password the application crashed. Then after again opening the application, it asked me to send a crashreport which I did and the vault was empty. This same thing happened on a windows 10 PC and on my Android phone.

Then I tried the various methods as described in this forum to get the v5 data imported from a backup but all failed with a crash.

On the upgrade PC I went back to v5.

On the Android phone I am stuck as I cannot downgrade to v5.