Enpass Discussion Forum

Several issues with Enpass V6.0 on Windows 10

BrianS

I have been using the new version 6 on Windows 10 for a few days and I have found the following issues:

1. The 'Duplicate' menu item (I recall that it was in the Edit menu) is now missing - or at least I can't find it. Has this feature been removed?

2. Password generator - the minimum number of words for pronounceable passwords is now 3. It used to be 2. A 3 word password is too long. Is this a bug or was the change intentional?

3. Custom logos - I like this  new feature. However I have had some difficulty selecting the correct dimensions for an  icon that will work properly. I have found by trial & error that an icon with an approx dimension of 200x200 pixels works pretty well. It would be nice if the required custom icon specification was in your manual. Also, after my experimenting I have collected quite a few icons that are the incorrect size and I would like to delete/remove. There is no option to do this. Please add the ability for the user to be able to also remove custom icons.

4. I am not keen on the blue/white colour scheme. Too flashy for me. I realize this is a matter of taste so it would be nice to be able to revert to a standard Windows theme.

thank you.

Hi @Brian,

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

The 'Duplicate' menu item (I recall that it was in the Edit menu) is now missing - or at least I can't find it. Has this feature been removed? 

Item specific menu is next to favorite icon on item detail page. See this guide.

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

Password generator - the minimum number of words for pronounceable passwords is now 3. It used to be 2. A 3 word password is too long. Is this a bug or was the change intentional? 

Two word pronounceable password will be extremely weak. If length is limiting factor, use random password(non-pronounceable). If you have specific need that requires 2 words only, let me know.

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

Custom logos - I like this  new feature. However I have had some difficulty selecting the correct dimensions for an  icon that will work properly. I have found by trial & error that an icon with an approx dimension of 200x200 pixels works pretty well. It would be nice if the required custom icon specification was in your manual. Also, after my experimenting I have collected quite a few icons that are the incorrect size and I would like to delete/remove. There is no option to do this. Please add the ability for the user to be able to also remove custom icons.

We are adding remove option in future updates. Favicon feature is also in pipeline (it did appeared in beta once), but need to drop in final due to a potential security issue).

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

I am not keen on the blue/white colour scheme. Too flashy for me. I realize this is a matter of taste so it would be nice to be able to revert to a standard Windows theme

Standard Windows theme support is also in development.

Thanks.

11 hours ago, Vinod Kumar said:

Two word pronounceable password will be extremely weak. If length is limiting factor, use random password(non-pronounceable). If you have specific need that requires 2 words only, let me know.

I just tried creating a password since the upgrade, and also noticed this new limitation.  "Two word pronounceable password will be extremely weak" is an assumption being made by Enpass, if users need a two word pronounceable password, that should be their choice (and assumption of risk). 

Personally, I do need this feature.  At the very least, there should be an option in settings to set the minimum number of words for pronounceable passwords with a default of "3"; this will let users tweak the generator to their needs.