Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass shortcuts not always working - if a search entry is left in the main window

david

I was unsure if this should be in the extension part of the forum or not. if it's misplaced, feel free to move it.

If I open the main window and perform a search, I tend to forget to remove the search entry afterwards. The problem is that when the search entry isn't removed from the main window, using the keyboard shortcut to autofill in my browsers doesn't always open the enpass browser extension. Sometimes it's just very slow, sometimes I need to open the main window to the front or manually click the enpass icon in my browser to "kick start it". Once it's working again, the keyboard shortcut seems to have woken up again and work fine. This might be a really bad explanation but I can't really explain it better or recreate it to show you, it just happens every now and then and every time it does, it's always when I've left a search entry in the main window. And I have this problem on 6 different computers.

I mainly use Vivaldi and Chrome. Latest enpass version from the app store and latest updated macos.

On 3/23/2020 at 11:02 AM, Garima Singh said:

Hi @david,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Could you please share a video of the issue along with the below details so that our team can investigate it better-

• Browser version you are using?
  • Extension version?
  • Are you facing this issue on every browser?

Thanks.

I'm sorry but that's why I wrote "This might be a really bad explanation but I can't really explain it better or recreate it to show you"

The reason I can't show you is because you can't see when I'm pressing my short-key combination on a screen recording, you would only see a browser with password fields not getting filled out.. A video like that gives you nothing more than my explanation. Also, it's not every single time, it's only every now and then so it's also difficult to recreate, the only thing I can say for sure is that the common denominator has always been that I haven't removed the search entry from the main window.  I can't say for sure that I face it on every browser since I don't use every browser. I mostly use Vivaldi and firefox and sometimes chrome and rarely safari. I know that it happens on both vivaldi and firefox and I'm pretty sure it has happened in chrome but safari i barely ever use so I can't say for sure. This problem has been occuring since the first enpass 6 beta so it's not a specific enpass or browser version, it's been every version including the latest versions on all applications. I face the same problem on all my devices. In fact, a similar problem happens on the android version of the app. If I press "autofill with enpass" in a browser or app, the enpass window opens and I can choose an entry, but it doesn't fill it out. This also only happens if I earlier have opened the main window and performed a search and left the search entry.. So I assume it's some kind of global issue in the enpass code.