Enpass Discussion Forum

Hierarchal/nested accounts

Chad

It would be great to have hierarchal or nested account abilities. Three levels should provide enough customizability for most people.

For instance, banking:

Level 1 - General bank info (Bank name, address, phone, routing number, website, app association, etc)

Level 2 - individual entries for Credit card, login(s), etc.

Level 3 - other details

When attempting to login, the browser extension and app autofill would show available logins individually for the associated institution (based on website and app association, as it is now).

When viewing in either the desktop or mobile app, it would first show the institution. Clicking/tapping on that selection would list the individual items. Clicking on the individual item would then show its details. Having a "display all" could also be very useful, where selecting a primary level would display all details of sub-items.

As it sits right now, things get very messy and duplicative, especially when you have multiple logins, cards, and other details associated with a single institution.

Categories are only useful in separating work, school, personal, etc. in a single vault.

For me, tags are completely useless, I have not found a true functional use for them.

Other requests:

•  Multiple sub-vaults that can be individually shared between family/colleagues is essential
    • If multiple sub-vaults is not an option, then multiple vaults syncing and individually sharable from the specific cloud service.
  • Shared vaults are essential for families, businesses, etc. When an item is updated, all authorized users should be automatically synced. One way for this to be done would be having the either sub-vaults or multiple vaults sync to a single cloud, allowing for the individual vault or sub-vault to shared to the other person via that cloud service.
  • Secure item sharing with syncing capabilities with permissions is crucial. Right now, it is done plain text which is a major security hole and there is no syncing, so if details change, the other person would not have the up-to-date credentials.
Edited by Chad
clarification of intent/desire

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with all the suggestions....

I'm coming from the position of a long time Revelation user.

2200 passwords 

280 groupings, by client, by function, by location.   Some groups as small as 3 entries and a few as large as 100 entries.

Grouping simplifies things  as I frequently am working on systems, behind systems, behind systems to get to applications which require their own passwords.

Having to search for 6-8-15 different passwords slows me down considerably, compared to just click through a group of related passwords.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey @Chad

Hope you're doing great.

I recollected your suggestion to provide a customized option to save different levels of items to auto-fill in Enpass so that searching the item while auto-filling won't be messy, esp in case of bank account. I would like to share that you don't need to create three different type of items (Login, credit card and bank info) to auto-fill on bank websites as you can save all the mentioned three levels in a same bank item.

When you open any webpage, Enpass will automatically detect the kind of information required (credit card, debit card, login info or any other detail) and will autofill the relevant detail of the same item even if you save all the details in a single item within Enpass.

Let us know of you have any queries.

Thanks!