Enpass Discussion Forum

Browserextension not working after Brave Browser Update

bernhard

I have the same problem, the Browserextension doesn't work anymore in my Brave Browser after the last update:
- macOS Catalina Version 10.15.7 (19H512)
- Brave Version 1.21.73, Chromium: 89.0.4389.72 (Offizieller Build) (x86_64)
- Enpass Pro 6.6.0 (772)

Matthias

36 minutes ago, sharky said:

Hi,

I have same issue

Enpass 6.6.0 (770)

Brave version 1.21.73 Chromium: 89.0.4389.72 (Build officiel) (64 bits)

Brave Version 1.20.103 Chromium: 88.0.4324.152 (Build officiel) (64 bits) It Work

https://community.brave.com/t/brave-version-1-21-73-chromium-89-0-4389-72-on-mac-breaks-enpass/212242/4

Turned off Brave Shields: Work but not a real solution

Workaround while waiting for a real solution

1 At start Brave, go setting turn off Brave Shields

2 Test Enpass, it work

3 And turn on Brave Shields, Brave+enpass work in this session.

If you restart Brave you must repeat step 1 to 3

Release Notes V1.21.73 (Mar 3, 2021)

• Added default browser dialog on first run for macOS and Linux. (#12679)
  • Added ability to uninstall/disable the Widevine plugin via brave://settings/extensions (Muon parity). (#2791)
  • Added settings panel to Brave Rewards onboarding tour. (#13379)
  • Added “Peer ID” and “Version” under brave://ipfs. (#13839)
  • Added “Repo Stats” under brave://ipfs. (#13528)
  • Added support for overriding default network adblocking using custom exception rules in brave://adblock. (#5440)
  • Added additional padding to the new tab button. (#13835)
  • [Security] Enabled Safe Browsing endpoint for extension block list. (#12297)
  • Implemented cosmetic filters. (#13070)
  • Enabled DNS-over-HTTPS UI on Linux. (#13617)
  • Updated referral system to skip initialization when no referral code present. (#14428)
  • Updated frequency to show Brave as default browser dialog when not already configured. (#12203)
  • Updated User Agent farbling to add workers support. (#12392)
  • Updated wording on Brave Rewards widget. (#13397)
  • Removed known Olytics tracking parameters from URLs. (#13644)
  • Removed known tracking parameter “wickedid” from URLs. (#13647)
  • Fixed crash when clicking on profile icon in certain cases. (#13762)
  • Fixed Monthly Statement showing incorrect month in drop down. (#13590)
  • Fixed issue where “Estimated pending rewards” showed incorrect balance in certain cases. (#13601)
  • Fixed regression which allowed some network requests initiated by service workers to bypass adblocking. (#13781)
  • Fixed adblock rules not being applied to HTTP subresources of an IPFS page. (#13742)
  • Fixed Brave Shields being disabled when using IPFS with local node. (#13741)
  • Fixed ipfs:// background tabs not re-connecting on session restore in certain cases. (#13519)
  • Fixed Binance widget and autocomplete always using “en” URLs for all locales. (#9691)
  • Fixed issue where query parameters and fragments were removed from IPFS URLs. (#13722)
  • Fixed Nightly shortcut opening the wrong version when there are multiple installations of Brave on Linux. (#1746)
  • Upgraded Chromium to 89.0.4389.72. (#14412)

Edited by sharky
  • Like 3

Hi All,

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

It looks like Brave browser recently added a Brave Shields, which is blocking the Enpass app from connecting with the browser extension. We have notified them about this issue on their community forums here.https://community.brave.com/t/brave-shield-blocking-enpass-extension/212460

Thanks!

I can confirm @sharky's workaround does indeed work. Turn off Brave Shields and open the enpass extension so it can make its connections, then turn the shields back on.

I will say, the specific setting is Trackers and Ad Blocking set that to disabled, open the enpass extension, and then set it back to you're choice of "Standard" or "Aggressive".

• Like 2

A guy named CodeSalat on the Brave forums found an even better workarround

Go to 

brave://adblock/

Then go to the custom filters and add this:

@@127.0.0.1

That should fix it. Works fine for me and my friends.

Original Post on the Brave forums: https://community.brave.com/t/brave-shield-blocking-enpass-extension/212460/7