Enpass Discussion Forum

More vaults

paoloc66

Hi, I have been using enpass Pro for many years (on PC and Android). I use various vaults and the only way to be able to sync them is to use webdav on a cloud (in my case DriveHQ). Unfortunately webdav is being decommissioned by almost all the clouds due to the lack of security I think. In fact, it hasn't worked for me for a few days. What other method can I use to sync 5 vaults using only one account? I don't want to have to create 5 accounts... If there aren't simple solutions I will be forced to migrate to another software unfortunately... Thanks

You can choose wherever you want to sync all your vaults to. Every vault can be integrated into your one account and each can also have an individual place to be synced to. Eg. I use 2 diffent vaults for work and private, with different locations where they are synced to (private cloud drive and work cloud drive)

image.png.4cc81a6b03ec11c120a25bed82718f20.png

So you can create a new vault to a sync location of your choice.

First you need to create a backup file of your current vault:

1. Settings -> Vaults -> Vault you want to backup.

2. 3 dots on top -> Backup -> Save to location of your choice.

Now you create a new vault and choose "Restore a vault from" -> "Backup File". Choose backup form before and done.

Hope this helps.

17 hours ago, paoloc66 said:

Hi, I have been using enpass Pro for many years (on PC and Android). I use various vaults and the only way to be able to sync them is to use webdav on a cloud (in my case DriveHQ). Unfortunately webdav is being decommissioned by almost all the clouds due to the lack of security I think. In fact, it hasn't worked for me for a few days. What other method can I use to sync 5 vaults using only one account? I don't want to have to create 5 accounts... If there aren't simple solutions I will be forced to migrate to another software unfortunately... Thanks

If you really want to keep those vaults independent and on separate cloudstorages, webdav is the only method working since it allows you to specify the path. This would be possible in the oath2-provider situation aswell, but Enpass has for some reason chosen to used fixed paths.

what you could do, i guess, is to use Folder as the prefered synchronization method. As you probably understand you'd have to use another sync-mechanism such as OneDrive, Google Drive (or whatever they call 'em now) and sync the target folders to the cloudstorage that way, but many people already have them installed anyway.

I don't recall Folder being an option in the Android app previously, but it is present in Android (6.9.0).

So by using something like https://foldersync.io/ on android, you should be able to have as many vaults as needed on one cloudaccount.

While it is a positive thing securitywise to separate the dutys for local decryption from cloud synchronization (and holder of the oath2-keys), it is slightly more complex and possibly carries higher risk of incidents, such as corruption, missed-out sync-intervals having your latest update being written over.

Like @AnakinCaesar mentioned, merging your 5 vaults is alot easier if it's sufficent to store them under one cloudaccount. For instance vault-items previously being stored separately could after the merge be tagged respectively.

Edited by Ivarson

9 minutes ago, Ivarson said:

Like @AnakinCaesar mentioned, merging your 5 vaults is alot easier if it's sufficent to store them under one cloudaccount. For instance vault-items previously being stored separately could after the merge be tagged respectively.

The thing is, you cannot store them under one cloud account. You have to use different clouds for each vault. Only WebDAV allows for same-cloud sync

Edited by AnakinCaesar

6 minutes ago, AnakinCaesar said:

The thing is, you cannot store them under one cloud account. You have to use different clouds for each vault. Only WebDAV allows for same-cloud sync

Obviously? that's why merging 5 vaults into 1 is an option if it is sufficent measures for op.

Hi @paoloc66

When utilizing multiple vaults in Enpass, it is essential to connect each vault to a distinct cloud account for syncing purposes. Please note that connecting more than one vault with the same cloud account is not feasible.

However, if you prefer to use WebDAV/OwnCloud, you have the option to sync multiple vaults by defining separate paths or folders for each individual vault.