Enpass Discussion Forum

Few feature improvements

flyingbirds

add delete button for quick deletion of unwanted fields (mockup)

Photo-4.jpg.b5e106d85173b24a1eaf2f5e509c8907.jpg

The amount of pre-configured websites for a new login is unnecessary. Getting the favicon from the website via the url field is enough.

Photo-1.jpg.66cccfe7509a9ca7eff2b64fa70e9687.jpg

No reason to have a pre-set field type. Fields are either going to be string, number, or bolean.. maybe date but thats it. Autofill can pick up frm the Field name.

Photo-3.jpg.9d0e317c1e00a9e112d5779e9b86c7b3.jpgPhoto-2.jpg.a03c625a168a08413a8170885e161600.jpg

Photo-4.jpg

Please don't follow these bad suggestions. They are very ill-considered and a good example why following customer feedback isn't always right.

On 8/18/2023 at 4:50 AM, flyingbirds said:

add delete button for quick deletion of unwanted fields (mockup)

Unnecessary because you can always create a custom template if you wanted less or other fields. At least such buttons wouldn't be harmful, unlike your other suggestions.

The amount of pre-configured websites for a new login is unnecessary. Getting the favicon from the website via the url field is enough.

Definitely not. Many sites don't serve appropriate icons and Enpass only caches those icons but doesn't save them as part of the items. I use a lot of custom imported icons and am always happy if there is a pre-made one.

No reason to have a pre-set field type. Fields are either going to be string, number, or bolean.. maybe date but thats it. Autofill can pick up frm the Field name.

Field names may vary and I don't want to be forced to name my fields after some specific schema. I have username fields named "Customer Number", for example, because that is what I login with on that site. Also english isn't the only language in the world. The freedom Enpass gives me with the fields was another reason for me to switch from 1Password. Instead, some field types should have a more strict typing, because currently you can enter any sort of information in a "Numeric" or "Date" field.

Edited by Bachsau

• 4 months later...
On 8/23/2023 at 4:01 PM, Bachsau said:

Please don't follow these bad suggestions. They are very ill-considered and a good example why following customer feedback isn't always right.

Unnecessary because you can always create a custom template if you wanted less or other fields. At least such buttons wouldn't be harmful, unlike your other suggestions.

Definitely not. Many sites don't serve appropriate icons and Enpass only caches those icons but doesn't save them as part of the items. I use a lot of custom imported icons and am always happy if there is a pre-made one.

Field names may vary and I don't want to be forced to name my fields after some specific schema. I have username fields named "Customer Number", for example, because that is what I login with on that site https://depositphotos.com/bgremover.html Also english isn't the only language in the world. The freedom Enpass gives me with the fields was another reason for me to switch from 1Password. Instead, some field types should have a more strict typing, because currently you can enter any sort of information in a "Numeric" or "Date" field.

Indeed, if you look at each piece of advice separately, you can make some exceptions. But you need to approach each case