Enpass Discussion Forum

Sync database with two dropbox account

Bahiense

Hi everyone

I´m a Enpass fan from two years: have database in desktop, laptop and my phone sync via dropbox (with my user). Now I want my wife use Enpass: the same database, password, everything, but sync with her dropbox (in her laptop she have another dropbox account different from mine). We want to use the same database sync in two different dropbox.

¿Is that possible?

Thanks

Hi @Bahiense,

First of all thank you so much for using Enpass and encouraging your wife to do the same. We appreciate it. 
Well, it is not technically possible to sync the database in two different cloud accounts simultaneously. You need to use the same cloud account to automatically synchronize the data in various devices. 

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
On 5/25/2018 at 2:29 PM, 100 Watt Walrus said:

Followup question on this topic: Why is it not possible to share the Enpass folder within Dropbox?

I have this same problem: I need to share with the wife's Dropbox account.

Is this less of a problem on Google Drive?

my 2 cents. 

Technically, you are asking Enpass team to access Dropbox's database. I am not talking on behalf of Enpass, but I am thinking logically.

Try share option with the edit, maybe that works. Because with same option others can edit your data on Dropbox.

Another option is Dropbox should think of this option and release APIs for it, so anyone including Enpass can use it.

On 5/28/2018 at 1:45 PM, vajra said:

my 2 cents. 

Technically, you are asking Enpass team to access Dropbox's database. I am not talking on behalf of Enpass, but I am thinking logically.

Try share option with the edit, maybe that works. Because with same option others can edit your data on Dropbox.

Another option is Dropbox should think of this option and release APIs for it, so anyone including Enpass can use it.

That didn't seem to be possible. The Enpass folder in Dropbox had no sharing options. I had to switch to Google Drive to be able to share an Enpass folder.

Also less than keen on not being allowed to choose where Enpass creates a folder within my cloud services. Top level is not where I'd choose for this folder to live. :(