Enpass Discussion Forum

Passkey support in Android 14+

buggystick

I recently got a Pixel 8 (Android 14) and wanted to test the new passkey credential storage API with enpass.  I had to modify my chrome://flags for my browser (Brave) to enable the API and was able to successfully create a passkey in enpass for the passkeys.io demo site.  However when I try to login with that passkey, it doesn't give me the option to use enpass and says that my phone doesn't have a passkey for that site as if it's only trying the default google client.  I do have enpass selected as my passkey service in android settings.  Interesting enough, I can use the enpass stored passkey on desktop though.

2023-11-13 11.52.03.jpg

Interesting...  I found out if I clicked on the email field on passkeys.io it will pop up with the option to select the enpass passkey.  However, if I hit the "Sign in with a passkey" button, it will only try to use the google client as the screenshot in my first post shows.

Browser:  Brave 1.60.116. Chromium 119.0.6045.134

Enpass: 6.9.3.892

On 11/13/2023 at 8:54 PM, buggystick said:

I recently got a Pixel 8 (Android 14) and wanted to test the new passkey credential storage API with enpass.  I had to modify my chrome://flags for my browser (Brave) to enable the API and was able to successfully create a passkey in enpass for the passkeys.io demo site.  However when I try to login with that passkey, it doesn't give me the option to use enpass and says that my phone doesn't have a passkey for that site as if it's only trying the default google client.  I do have enpass selected as my passkey service in android settings.  Interesting enough, I can use the enpass stored passkey on desktop though.

2023-11-13 11.52.03.jpg

Was logging in to file the very same glitch 'til I saw this.

Got the same device, same Android- and Enpass-version, tried the same site.

9 hours ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @buggystick

Thank you for sharing the requested details.

Could you please confirm if you are facing this behavior on just the demo site you mentioned or any other webpages as well? If yes, please share their URL too.

Just tried Github, same issue, using latest Chrome for Android with passkey-support activated.

Passkey creation/login works on Desktop but not on Android.. Button triggers Google Password Manager only, which is empty and not chosen at all in Settings --> Passwords

Hi @buggystick @Ivarson

Upon a comprehensive examination of the issue from our end, we would like to share that in the latest chrome browser update, chrome has added 2 new options in the flag pop up. Kindly enable the option which says 'Enabled for Google Password Manager and 3rd party passkeys' in chrome://flags. Enabling this option should resolve this concern.

image.thumb.jpeg.893786129fc0836f9436815b96d5f4d5.jpeg

#SI-3542

4 hours ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @buggystick @Ivarson

Upon a comprehensive examination of the issue from our end, we would like to share that in the latest chrome browser update, chrome has added 2 new options in the flag pop up. Kindly enable the option which says 'Enabled for Google Password Manager and 3rd party passkeys' in chrome://flags. Enabling this option should resolve this concern.

image.thumb.jpeg.893786129fc0836f9436815b96d5f4d5.jpeg

#SI-3542

Confirmed working in chrome for me.

Thanks.

Notably, the option below; "Enabled for 3rd party passkeys" does NOT work

Edited by Ivarson
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I still have the same issue on Pixel 8 Pro (Android 14) in Brave 1.61.100, Chromium 120.0.6099.62 and Chrome 120.0.6099.44. Enpass 6.9.3.892

The flag is setup correctly in both and Enpass is set as password manager in the phone settings.

Creating and using only shows the Google manager not Enpass. Am I missing something or did something change in Chrome again?

Edit: Should have checked the forum more before posting. Is known here 

Edited by Ergwano