Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass Android Beta v5.2.2 available on Play Store

Vikram Dabas

Hi folks! Enpass becomes more smarter.

We heard that you have an awesome piece of Android Wear. So what are you waiting for, try the latest Beta v5.2.2 and access your passwords, PIN numbers and much more right from your wrist. Get ready to test Enpass on Watch. 

The complete changelog of Enpass Beta v5.2.2 for Android is here:

What's New:

• Enpass now supports Android Watch.

Improvements:

• Crashing of Enpass on Android N: We have added the latest SQLCipher library in the app for the better compatibility with Android N.
  • Improved Enpass auto-fill using Notifications: Sometimes Enpass doesn't show the item to auto-fill due to different or empty URL field. From now on, Enpass will show a prompt to automatically add and save the URL field to the searched item.
  • Removed Globe key from Enpass Keyboard.

Fixes:

• Box and WebDAV sync issues fixed.
  • Fixed an issue with TOTP secret key where Enpass doesn't show the TOTP.
  • Fixed an issue where the item's icon was not getting updated on editing URL of an item.

How to get the Beta for Android:

You can get the latest Enpass Beta build from Google Play store by becoming a tester.

The Learn more link under new Android Watch feature menu is broken. It opens https://www.enpass.io/android-wear-learn-more/ which gives a Page Not Found. Mostly interested in the security implications for the new options based on some implementation details.

Also, as a side note I was wondering why you would limit the pin for the Android Wear app to be limited to 4 digits?

Hi all,

Thanks for taking the time to write in!

On 22 July 2016 at 11:32 PM, IPTN said:

The Learn more link under new Android Watch feature menu is broken. It opens https://www.enpass.io/android-wear-learn-more/ which gives a Page Not Found. Mostly interested in the security implications for the new options based on some implementation details.

Also, as a side note I was wondering why you would limit the pin for the Android Wear app to be limited to 4 digits?

We are aware that Learn more link under Android Watch feature menu is broken. This is because the link takes you on Enpass Android Wear section in user manual section which hasn't been been uploaded yet. Once the stable version is released, the link will become live.

There is no particular reason for limiting PIN code length to 4 digits on Android Wear, but 4 digit length is always an obvious choice for small screens. Further PIN code doesn't provide encryption to your database, but provides an additional security.

On 22 July 2016 at 3:52 AM, JT said:

I'm interested in why you removed the globe key from the Enpass Keyboard?

I used it as a quick way to swap between my normal keyboard and the Enpass keyboard and back again.

Many of our multi-language keyboard user (say English, German, Dutch) has to tap the Globe key multiple times to switch keyboard to/from English and Enpass keyboard always getting in between the switching. So we have decided to opt out Globe key in this beta. We could have made it optional for users to enable it, but unfortunately we can't make it optional due to API restrictions by Android. 

Hi, 

I've installed the latest released of enpass in the playstore (v5.2.2).

Since, I experienced sync issue with webdav (I get a message ".-114")

I've tried to remove it and add it again but non success (It works on 5.2.0 on my tab). 

Thanks, 

Thomas. 

Running the beta on a Android N device. Memory consumption keeps growing for the auto-fill background task. I get fill notifications as expected, but when I pull down the shade to access it disappears. 

Edited by Matthew
Typo

Hi all,

On 30 July 2016 at 11:18 PM, bouille57 said:

I've installed the latest released of enpass in the playstore (v5.2.2).

Since, I experienced sync issue with webdav (I get a message ".-114")

I've tried to remove it and add it again but non success (It works on 5.2.0 on my tab). 

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Please provide some more details for further investigation.

• Which Android device and Android version are you using?
  • Also if you can share a demo account of your WebDAV (for diagnosing the issue) to support@enpass.io (mentioning this thread) or in a personal message to me. 

On 30 July 2016 at 2:19 AM, Matthew said:

Running the beta on a Android N device. Memory consumption keeps growing for the auto-fill background task

Thanks for reporting this issue. Please provide some more details for further investigation.

• Which Android device are you using?
  • How much memory Enpass is consuming?
  • Have you check memory consumption issue through any app or via device setting? If possible, can you please share the screenshot.
On 30 July 2016 at 2:19 AM, Matthew said:

I get fill notifications as expected, but when I pull down the shade to access it disappears. 

We have fixed this issue and very soon we will roll out the next beta with fixes. Please bear with us.

Cheers!

3 hours ago, Anshu kumar said:

Thanks for reporting this issue. Please provide some more details for further investigation.

• Which Android device are you using?
  • How much memory Enpass is consuming?
  • Have you check memory consumption issue through any app or via device setting? If possible, can you please share the screenshot.

I am running the latest N Preview on a Nexus 6p. Memory consumption grows from ~130M to 300M in a couple of days. I am viewing this with "Developer Options->Running Services". I had to stop the fill service due to this issue, but have restarted and taken a screenshot at first run and will reply back here with that and one showing the increased memory usage, once some time has passed and memory has grown.

Fixes:

• Box and WebDAV sync issues fixed.

I don't know what issues should be fixed, but I've just installed the 5.2.2 beta version (upgrade from 5.2.0) of the Enpass Android App on my wife's Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini with Android 4.1.2. Unfortunately, I still can't get connection to my Synology NAS over WebDAV using the exact same URL and credentials I'm using on my iPhone 6, MacBook Pro and Samsung Galaxy Tab with Android 5.x. On those devices syncing works immediately, without any problem. On the Galaxy SIII smartphone it keeps prompting me for a password with the message "Geef wachtwoord van Enpass gegevens op WebDAV" (in Dutch. I'm not sure if this is a dialog of the Enpass App or from Android itself). It says the password isn't correct.

Just tested again on my iPhone, with the same credentials, and it works, I can see its sync connection in the WebDAV logging on my NAS.

P.S. Tested with both HTTP and HTTPS, no difference :(

What could be causing this?

Oops...this was the answer: https://www.enpass.io/kb/during-sync-why-i-am-getting-please-provide-password-of-enpass-data-on-dropbox-icloud-onedrive-box-google-drive-1/  

Seemed I used a slightly different master key in the Android App, causing it to ask the original master key of the other device(s). Onze I entered it, all went ok :)

Edited by tba

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2016 at 11:56 AM, Anshu kumar said:

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Please provide some more details for further investigation.

• Which Android device and Android version are you using?
  • Also if you can share a demo account of your WebDAV (for diagnosing the issue) to support@enpass.io (mentioning this thread) or in a personal message to me. 

@Anshu kumar Thanks for the answer. 

Since you've answered it is working again. I don't really know what happens. Maybe my webdav account (it is Seafile for the information). 

Thomas.