Enpass Discussion Forum

Performance problems and crashes on Firefox 48

After the update to version 5.3.0, the Enpass extension has been sluggish. Sometimes its scripts even become unresponsive on my computer, and I need to force them to stop, disable the extension and re-enable it again:

screenshot-2.png.31a1b112be075482c098395

An example  of a page that causes this: https://www.reddit.com/r/olympics/comments/4x89g8/nbc_criticised_for_worst_ever_olympic_coverage_in/ (click on the [-] buttons to collapse comments).

Enpass and Enpass extension 5.3.0

Firefox 48

Ubuntu 16.04/KDE Neon 5.7.

Edited by anewuser

I have the same problems in Firefox also on Windows. For example the GitHub notifications page becomes almost unusable, to a degree that I had to entirely disable the plugin for now. If I remember correctly, the error there is also related to jetpack.

Edited by cdrnet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, cdrnet said:

It is a bit better since 5.3.0.1, but is still making the browser very slow. Why is all this needed in the first place? I don't want the enpass extension do do anything, ever, unless I invoke it in order to fill in passwords.

I have had no problems since the update (including on Github). Have you tried disabling your other extensions and maybe testing a new blank profile (https://support.mozilla.org/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles#w_starting-the-profile-manager)?

• 5 weeks later...

I'm also noticing performance issues with the Firefox extension. Best example I can give is when using it with Reddit Enhancement Suite. Clicking the "show/hide all child comments" has a ~1 second delay, compared to almost instant when Enpass extension is removed. Chrome + Enpass doesn't have this issue.

Hi @Plonqor

Sorry you are having trouble with that. We investigated your issue but didn't find any problem of such sort.

A few examples would be of great help in tracking down where things are getting tangled up. You gave example of reddit but it will be of great help if you give exact url of reddit where you are facing problem.

Also please mention platform on which you are running Enpass along with version of Enpass and browser extension.

20 hours ago, Yogesh Kumar said:

Hi @Plonqor

Sorry you are having trouble with that. We investigated your issue but didn't find any problem of such sort.

A few examples would be of great help in tracking down where things are getting tangled up. You gave example of reddit but it will be of great help if you give exact url of reddit where you are facing problem.

Also please mention platform on which you are running Enpass along with version of Enpass and browser extension.

No problem, here's some more info.

Example URL (but really any reddit post with enough comments will do): https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/56u1c4/this_is_not_concretethis_is_new_delhi/
Firefox version: 50.0b5 (beta), but also happened with 49 (stable channel).
Enpass version: 5.3.0.1
Add-on version: 5.3.3
RES version: 5.0.2
Windows 10 (non-anniversary)

I also have the issue on my Linux PC
Firefox version: firefox 49.0.1-1
Arch Linux with KDE (fully updated as at 10/10/2016)
Enpass version: 5.3.0-1 (from AUR)
Add-on version: 5.3.3
RES version: 5.0.2

This is the toggle that is affected:  [EDIT: The image expansion toggle is also affected (to the right of the thumbnail)]DEQFKBS.png

Hopefully I've provided enough info. Let me know if there's anything else I can provide.

Edited by Plonqor