Enpass Discussion Forum

upgraded to v6 on android s8+, cannot log in with masterpw or cannot find file on dropbox backup

shadex64

I just upgraded on my android (samsung 8+) this morning to v6, and thats when the problems started.

It doesn't take any master password, and no, i didn't forget it because it still works on my desktop version that is recently synced, so don't send me a link to the article on what to do when i forget my password.

When I deleted the app and tried to restore, it says cannot find the file on my dropbox. I backup to dropbox and the file is still there, so I'm not sure why it cannot find the file.

Basically after the upgrade to v6 on Android, I'm dead in the water on my phone. DO NOT UPGRADE TO V6 ON YOUR ANDROID, and because of this, on any other device. You can see from the app reviews and forums there are serious issues on this app that will disable your access.

Any help is appreciated.

1 hour ago, shadex64 said:

I just upgraded on my android (samsung 8+) this morning to v6, and thats when the problems started.

It doesn't take any master password, and no, i didn't forget it because it still works on my desktop version that is recently synced, so don't send me a link to the article on what to do when i forget my password.

When I deleted the app and tried to restore, it says cannot find the file on my dropbox. I backup to dropbox and the file is still there, so I'm not sure why it cannot find the file.

Basically after the upgrade to v6 on Android, I'm dead in the water on my phone. DO NOT UPGRADE TO V6 ON YOUR ANDROID, and because of this, on any other device. You can see from the app reviews and forums there are serious issues on this app that will disable your access.

Any help is appreciated.

Sorry for the trouble caused to you. I'd like to inform that your Enpass 6 data location is different on the cloud than that used by Enpass 5 app. Please go through the following FAQ about how to restore Enpass 5 cloud data. Hope this resolves your issue.

I have the same problem on my Samsung S8+. But what you suggested does not help: "In Enpass v6 choose to restore data from Backup File → Local Storage and locate the downloaded backup." - How can I restore a backup when I am not able to log in?

And it work perfectly on my Win10 laptop.

In th old enpass v5 on my phone I had activated fingerprint authentication, but that option is no longer available.

Regards,

Arve

Edited by Arve