Enpass Discussion Forum

Request: Direct use of TouchID at start-up

Ducilator

Hi everyone,

every time I start up Enpass I have to click on the TouchID-Button to unlock by fingerprint.
Can you implement this in reversed order, i. e. when starting Enpass, the TouchID windows pops up directly?
Only in case of need for masterkey the window for typing in the key should be activated manually.

Cheers,
Daniel

• Like 3

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback. We have added the functionality of auto-popup of Touch ID dialog in case of Enpass Assistant. There you don't need to click on the Touch ID icon.

This behavior in the main app could have been irritating, forcing you to enter Touch ID in case you have brought it in the foreground while browsing through Desktop.

Alternatively, you can use the shortcut (Cmd+.) to bring the Touch ID verification dialog in front. 

In the coming updates, we'll add an option on Touch Bar to unlock with Touch ID.

Thanks for your co-operation.

On 1/1/2019 at 3:13 PM, Hemant Kumar said:

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback. We have added the functionality of auto-popup of Touch ID dialog in case of Enpass Assistant. There you don't need to click on the Touch ID icon.

This behavior in the main app could have been irritating, forcing you to enter Touch ID in case you have brought it in the foreground while browsing through Desktop.

Alternatively, you can use the shortcut (Cmd+.) to bring the Touch ID verification dialog in front. 

In the coming updates, we'll add an option on Touch Bar to unlock with Touch ID.

Thanks for your co-operation.

To be honest I find it irritating that an "Touch ID enabled App" prefers Password entry at the first place. Find it quite annoying. Maybe a second option to have Touch ID also as standard in the desktop would be a solution.

About the "Enpass Assistant"... don't use that at all as I need to have the password in the copy&paste memory (I'll open another topic for this)

• 10 months later...