Enpass Discussion Forum

[Linux] Make an Official Enpass AppImage/Snap/Flatpak

Daniel_82

At this point Enpass works on "most" distributions, but not on all of them. Also, there is the need to add a repository and then install the application.

My request is to make Enpass available as a AppImage, snap or flatpak. This way the support for Linux can be improved!

I would suggest to use AppImage or Flatpak, since snap = canonical controlled.

• Like 6

• 1 year later...

Any updates here? I'm using Fedora Silverblue and it's sad to see no support for flatpak or Appimage.... All I can do is run enpass in toolbox via terminal and also I can't use it with browser outside of toolbox. Would be great to have flatpak pkg

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I bought Enpass and found it to be an excellent tool, all I really missed was the support for Enpass like Bitwarden already has. Much simpler and more practical to install the tool through the snap package, which not only already makes it available in the store, but also compatible with several distros. The process of having to add the enpass repository, is not a seven-headed bug, but it could be simplified and put the tool in greater evidence, with a snap.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I too would like to have a flatpack version of enpass. 

That would be very handy, since the SteamDeck does support flatpack packages.
So enpass has the chance to be one of the first (commercial) Password Managers on a gaming console. 

• Like 1

On 6/3/2020 at 1:29 PM, Garima Singh said:

Hey @THB

Welcome to the forum!

We appreciate your suggestion of this feature. Please note that we already have a feature request for the same and aligned for implementation in the future. However, we’re not sure of a specific timeline when this will be implemented.

Thanks.

So I agree, that it make sense to combine these requests. @THB Can you maybe reference this thread there? I was not able to find it.

On 5/12/2022 at 6:37 PM, phaus said:

I too would like to have a flatpack version of enpass. 

That would be very handy, since the SteamDeck does support flatpack packages.
So enpass has the chance to be one of the first (commercial) Password Managers on a gaming console. 

yes, we need this!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm yet another one who NEEDS enpass for my Steam Deck. Flatpak is the only sensible option.

I could install it through other means but it maybe deleted on system update.

Why isn't there already a flatpak version available? Or have I just not found it?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey so guys, steamdeck owner here you can install enpass from the terminal, run these commands:

**Update: On a fresh steam deck install of if you never installed anything before: You must absolutely run those 3 pacman commands to update your keys otherwise you cannot install git**

sudo steamos-readonly disable
cd /tmp
sudo pacman-key --init
sudo pacman-key --populate
sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys
sudo pacman -S --needed base-devel git
git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/enpass-bin.git
cd enpass-bin
makepkg -sri

Done!
PRO-TIP: If you got either Chrome or Firefox when running the sync and authorize restore, once you click open-xdg, CLOSE THE BROWSER and Enpass will continue the sync, unlike Windows, it will sit there waiting until you do...

You're very welcome!
Edited by vickardis

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2022 at 10:51 PM, vickardis said:

hey so guys, steamdeck owner here you can install enpass from the terminal, run these commands:

sudo steamos-readonly disable
cd ~
mkdir apps
cd apps
sudo pacman -S --needed base-devel git
git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/enpass-bin.git
cd enpass-bin
makepkg -sri

Done!

PRO-TIP: If you got either Chrome or Firefox when running the sync and authorize restore, once you click open-xdg, CLOSE THE BROWSER and Enpass will continue the sync, unlike Windows, it will sit there waiting until you do...

You're very welcome!

Thanks, if this works it would be great. Is there any chance that I would screw up my system by following this? I have no Linux experience and would probably easily screw up the system. 

Edited by Yghuj
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

@Yghuj you can also install it via proton on your steam deck. From Steam install a Non-Steam Game and point to the installer EXE, follow in the install steps.

After it's installed in a proton controller, you'll need to modify the shortcut to the enpass.exe itself from the properties window in steam client.

In essence Proton is an evolved "Wine" OS windows app emulator.

https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/671A-4453-E8D2-323C#:~:text=On the desktop%2C go to,'non-steam' tab.

Edited by vickardis

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...