Enpass Discussion Forum

Switching screens Enpass bugging

Simon92

Guys, I have a weird bug when switching screens. I do this a lot because I work at a company with sometimes a meeting.

When I hook or unhook, the resolution is incorrect and Enpass does not work properly anymore

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qb8hx8oa71ycvpv/Schermafbeelding 2019-05-20 om 16.54.03.png?dl=0

Currently, I solve it with simply rebooting Enpass, which works but its quite annoying to do it every day 6 times.

Edited by Simon92

Hey @Simon92,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

This issue has been fixed and an update v6.1 with the fixes will be rolled out soon. Further, I would like to share that we have rolled the beta version of Enpass 6.1 If you are willing to try the beta version of Enpass you can download it from here.

We appreciate your patience.

On 5/21/2019 at 11:24 AM, Anshu kumar said:

Hey @Simon92,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

This issue has been fixed and an update v6.1 with the fixes will be rolled out soon. Further, I would like to share that we have rolled the beta version of Enpass 6.1 If you are willing to try the beta version of Enpass you can download it from here.

We appreciate your patience.

Hi Anshu,

Thanks for your reply. The beta did not fix the problem, unfortunately (see attachment, and yes it's red ... not photoshopped). 
If I switch back to the screen without rebooting Enpass it still works.

Schermafbeelding 2019-05-22 om 17.43.09.png

Edited by Simon92

Guys, this is pretty crushing. Also having the same problem on Chrome, Safari and Firefox (all latest as of writing this), on MacOS 10.14.5. Your app is proving inconvenient at the moment. Tried reinstalling the extension here but the same thing is happening.

Screenshot 2019-05-23 at 18.05.00.png

Edited by moderato_burrito

Hey @Simon92

I'm sorry to hear that the problem has not resolved in the beta version of Enpass 6.1. Actually, we have tested this issue in our lab and were unable to reproduce. To investigate further on this issue please let me know:

• The screen resolution of both monitors.
  • Are you facing this problem on Primary Monitor or secondary? 
  • Any specific scenario when this problem occurs like when you add a secondary monitor or any other scenario.

Thanks for your co-operation.

If it helps, from my end I work on a 2016 MacBook with a 12-inch screen (2304 x 1440) and that is plugged into a Dell SE2416H 23.8" Full HD (1920x1080) monitor. The resolution was completely wrong in the Dell monitor.

However, the plot thickens. If I move a Chrome window to my MacBook screen and click reveal, the browser extension pop-up for Enpass, it renders properly. Now that my Chrome window is back on the Dell screen again, it is working again fine after moving it back and forth. So this seems to happen intermittently, when changing displays. I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago over a low-resolution projector (not sure of the resolution).

@Anshu kumar

My details are (if it helps):

Extension Enpass for Chrome: 6.0.2
Enpass app: 6.1.0 (431) Beta
Macbook screen: 15,4-inch (2880 x 1800)
Dell screen: 25-inch (2560 x 1440)

If I toggle between screens without restarting the Enpass app the whole thing does not seem to adjust to the screen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Vikram Dabas

Hi All,

The issue has been fixed in the recent beta release, and the stable update (both App Store and Website ver) will be rolled out very soon. If you want to give a try to the Beta release (.pkg) then you can install it from the here.