Enpass Discussion Forum

Safari keeps asking for authorization

ChrisS

Safari keeps asking for authorization of Enpass. This is very annoying. Isn't this something, which can be stopped? I have already disabled both browser authorization settings. Safari Extension 6.1.2 is installed. It has permissions for all webpage contents and the complete browsing history.

Chris

Bildschirmfoto 2019-08-09 um 15.17.18.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @C__O

It looks like Enpass application is not running in the background please make sure App is running in the background before using Enpass Extension. If the problem persists please share following details so we can investigate further:

• Which macOS version are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass and Enpass extension version are you using?
  • Which Safari version are you using?
  • Are you facing the same problem with other browsers too?

Thanks for your co-operation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2019 at 1:32 PM, Pratyush Sharma said:

thanks for getting in touch.

On 9/4/2019 at 1:32 PM, Pratyush Sharma said:
  • Which macOS version are you using Enpass?

• Which Enpass and Enpass extension version are you using?

Enpass 6.1.3

• Which Safari version are you using?

• Are you facing the same problem with other browsers too?

I need to investigate this further. Safari is my primary browser, but it is possible that other browsers are not affected.

• 3 months later...

This issue is so annoying that I am considering to switch to another tool again. Neither 1Password, nor Bitwarden keep continuously asking for authorization. It is (and was) present with all versions of macOS (currently macOS 10.15.2), all versions of Enpass (currently 6.3.3), and all versions of the browser extension (currently 6.3.3).

Chris

• 5 months later...

Hi Garima,

"Show Enpass in menu bar" was disabled, as I like to have a clean and tidied up menu bar showing only items I need frequently. And I need Enpass mainly for Web passwords. I will activate this option and see whether this solves this issue. I will keep you updated, also if this solves this issue.

Best,
Chris

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Me too experienced this very annoying issue.  (in 2024!)
I discovered that disabling the extension in Safari and immediately re-enabling it, would fix the issue for a while.
However, through this post  I read about the three options that seem to ALL be enabled.
I did not have the option "Hide dock icon when the main window is closed" enabled, which I now have enabled.

Thus, I'm testing this and will let you know my finding.

PS: 
If is it necessary to have ALL these three options active in order to make the mini-browser work properly, wouldn't it be a good idea to inform the user more clearly from within the application that he/she needs to do so? 

Edited by Mr. Query
Added addition information

• 2 weeks later...

I've now been testing for awhile with all three options enabled:

image.png.dde581445dd41ff5db048e4ccceed9e4.png

This helps, somewhat as I am experiencing lesser problems.
But regularly I still notice that the extension (mini-browser) loses its connection with the main application, even though that application is running.
Attempts to reconnect often fail an the endless re-authentication cycle as described in the issue earlier begins.

My standard procedure is now to disable the extension in Safari and immediately re-enabling it, this fixes the issue ALL the time.
But obviously that is not the way it should be fixed.

Please assists in any further steps I can take to get this resolved?

Edited by Mr. Query