Enpass Discussion Forum

Concern about the free Pro upgrade

Myna

So, just now, I updated my Enpass Windows app and was immediately prompted a free upgrade. I registered with my email address and later I found out that I got upgraded to Enpass Lite. That's fine, as I didn't purchase the Pro version of the app on my Windows account.

But the thing is, I did purchase the Pro version on my Android phone. So, what would happen to my account when the Android update arrives later?  If and  when I'll be prompted to enter my email address on my Android Phone, if I use the same email address that I used on my Windows PC, will my account get automatically upgraded to Pro? Or the Enpass Lite that I'm offered on my Windows PC carry over to my Android Phone and I get demoted?

I used the same email that I bought Enpass Pro on Android to register the Windows PC version of the app.

Will the upgrade to Pro be automatic, or should I register with a different email address on my Android device and then change the email address on my Windows PC version with that.

Looking forward to your reply.

I have the same doubt ...

I purchased the UWP App to my Windows 10 Mobile device using the same e-mail address I used when registering after prompted using the Desktop App (some minutes ago). Will my Windows 10 Mobile purchase allow me to use the Pro version of the App?

Thank you.

I also have the same question.

I've purchased Enpass for Windows 10 (Windows Store) and also for Android. At work I use the traditional Win32 application. So I started Enpass today at work and updated the application to v6.3 (Win32) and after that I was prompted to register. I did it, but it shows Enpass Lite account now.

What will happened when the Windows Store app and also the Android app get the update? Can I register again with the same email address and my account will upgraded to pro? Or can I just login with the already registrated email and it will upgraded to pro?

Hope we get an answer...

I received an answer from Enpass team:

“You got it right! The Windows App is showing Lite because you didn't purchase from there. As soon as the Enpass on Android is updated, you'll be prompted to register your Pro version. The registration there will bind your Android purchase with an email address which can be same as you used on Windows. After registration, your status of Lite will be upgraded to Pro on Android, and it may take up-to 24 Hrs to reflect the status on Windows. So, in short, you don't have to worry if you have purchased on any platform. Your purchases are safe and can be linked be any email.”

After upgrading Enpass on Android today I lost my Pro status. I successfully registered an account but it says "Enpass Lite" and only shows 25 items! I tried the same on my Mac and it also says "Enpass Lite" even though it shows all items. How do I restore my Pro status? I did purchase Enpass on both platforms! Please help I really need this to work!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, LC27 said:

“You got it right! The Windows App is showing Lite because you didn't purchase from there. As soon as the Enpass on Android is updated, you'll be prompted to register your Pro version. The registration there will bind your Android purchase with an email address which can be same as you used on Windows. After registration, your status of Lite will be upgraded to Pro on Android, and it may take up-to 24 Hrs to reflect the status on Windows. So, in short, you don't have to worry if you have purchased on any platform. Your purchases are safe and can be linked be any email.”

It works for me. Today I got the Android update and could register with same email address to Enpass Pro. Also on the Windows traditional Win32 app it shows Enpass Pro now.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, pztlmx said:

Did the same thing. iOS App told me that limit was reached, so I upgraded it to Premium on my iOS device.

Still my desktop says that I'm using the Lite version.

When will that change to reflect my Premium upgrade ??

Did you use pro version before?

if yes, did you still have to pay for the upgrade?

thanks

1 hour ago, MightBeMe said:

Did you use pro version before?

if yes, did you still have to pay for the upgrade?

thanks

Nope, I was using the Lite version, when my iPhone told me that Limit has been reached (the 25 items limit). It gave me the option to upgrade to premium, which I did.

Got an email back from Apple store that I have purchased the Premium version (I assume that Premium and Pro are the same version).

So I upgraded to the Premium version (Lifetime payment)...

When I logged onto my macbook and selected the restore option, I'm told.. You haven't bought the PRO version yet.... ??

Is this a bug in the software or is because the payment from Apple Store has not reached Enpass.io ??

18 hours ago, LC27 said:

my Windows pc have a different email then my Android and i purchase them both.

1 hour ago, pztlmx said:

Is this a bug in the software or is because the payment from Apple Store has not reached Enpass.io ??

In the meantime I got a reply from the support team saying they are aware of this (at least on Android) and hopefully a fix will be available soon...

so I hope they are aware of this on iOS too!

Good luck, guys

Same issues here. I had purchased Pro on Android and UWP. I upgraded Android to 6.3 last night and received no prompt to register Pro so was downgraded to Lite. Luckily, I went to upgrade UWP app and was able to get the Pro registration prompt. Used the same email and then had to force close Android app to get it to unlock Pro features. Overall not as smooth as expected. 

I have been a user of Enpass for many years.  I had it on my old Windows phone and I have it on my Android phone.  I have 500+ entries in it.   This morning, I followed the instructions to register it and now it is saying that I am a "lite" user and I now only have access to 25 entries.  I am pissed.  I sent an email to Enpass support and am waiting on a response.  Fortunately, I did not do the registration on my Windows PC and was able to log in and export all of my records to a .CSV file.  If Enpass can't get their stuff straightened out it will be time to find another password manager.