Enpass Discussion Forum

Syncing problems over anything

sarimon

Hi @sarimon,

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Please let me know exactly what kind of issue are you facing while syncing along with following details:

• Which Android device and Android version are you using?
  • Which cloud sync are you using and while syncing what error message or code are you getting?

Also, please Log into your preferred cloud account from any browser to check for the Enpass data file (sync_default.walletx) under Enpass folder (should be one copy of file and Enpass folder).

Thanks for your co-operation!

Hello and thanks for the reply :)
I'm using the OnePlus Two with Oxygen  3.5.8 which is Android  Version 6.0.1.

I'm primarily using Dropbox as my Cloud Service, but also Google Drive. Both didnt work. When i initiate the sync it takes forever. Also the App is telling me that it has "Problems with syncing"  with  error code 119 . There exists an sync_default.walltex in an Enpass folder, but it dates back to 16th of May 2016 ( wtf) although i'm using Dropbox for syncing on the Enpass desktop version (windows and Linux). It is working there.

I once synced via Google Drive on the Desktop version, so there is also an Enpass Folder. But this one dates back to when i synced with Gdrive. (I could try to always sync with Gdrive on the desktop  version and let my phone use a file which is synced with the gdrive app as an workaround.)

I hope i could give you what you need  :) Have a nice day :) 

ps: I tried to provide app screenshots, but unfortunately the app prevented it. ( Great feature actually)

Edited by sarimon
I actually have an error Code

• 4 months later...

No response or resolution to the OP?

Similar issue.  Android is not updating after changes made using desktop app v.5.6.0 (Windows10)

Android v 7.0, Samsung Galaxy S7

Dropbox is sync of choice.  Path= dropbox--> APPS --> enpass --> sync_default_walletx

No error message displayed.  Sync seems to work without delay, but changes not updated in phone.  Last update shows up as different than last attempt.

Disconnected from dropbox in app, closed it, counted to 10 and reconnected and update seemed to work.  Last attempt date and last update date now match.

Now will not sync again after making changes on desktop app.

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey guys,

Sorry for the trouble you're going through. Our testing team is currently trying to find a way to reliably reproduce it. We'll release a fix soon. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

Thanks for the response Akash Vyas.

Just experienced issues with the desktop application....Made a change in my database (added a new password to store) on my Win10 Desktop application and confirmed again the above described behavior still present in the Android app.

I received a notification from Dropbox that the database had changed, which confirmed for me the password I added did get added to my wallet file as it should have.

However, I then logged on to Enpass from my work laptop (Win7 Pro) and just before I did get the notification that my wallet file changed in Dropbox.  Excellent I thought.  No, as when Enpass opened it did not include the new password file.  In Tools --> Settings --> Sync I see "There went something wrong while synchronizing - ERROR 119".

I performed the same steps described above and as I experienced with the Android app the file finally updated when I reconnected.

This is really getting frustrating and quite annoying.  I am beginning to wonder if I will really know which files are updated and which aren't causing me to lose updates from one device to another.  I need this program/application to function properly and reliably.

Same problem on Xiaomi Note 4, Android 7.0, with dropbox-sync.

sync on ipad air 2, ios 11.0.3 works fine.

delete dropbox wallet and re-sync does not help.

no error messages, just no items displayed (even there are >200 which allof them are display in ipad app)

Hi I finally found the time to respond.

I actually got a response from Anshu via pm back then. He offered me to investigate my problem (as it was connected to other issues) via Skype but I didn't manage to get time for that. However, i own  a NAS server which supports webdav so I'm using that. It is actually the better solution for me as I wanted to get away from Dropbox anyway. 

I'll follow this thread though because I'm curious if anyone can find a solution. 

Thanks for the clarification sarimon.

This is now even more troublesome as it appears to be an issue present for a very long time, but with no solution.

Not sure if it is a single issue with all aspects connected or if it is possibly multiple issues, each independent of each other.

Still very frustrating......And we wait......

Hey guys,

Sorry for all the trouble you are facing while syncing with Dropbox which seems to be very specific with some devices/Dropbox accounts. We have improved Dropbox sync with some other issues in a new update and we'll be rolling out the Beta version soon. So, if you're interested in testing it before a public release please subscribe on the Play store as a Beta tester for Enpass. 

Thanks!

Perhaps my age is showing, but I can't figure out how to sign up as a beta tester for Enpass.  The link seems to be asking me to sign up as a beta tester for Google Play Services.  I just don't have time for this.

Can you point me in the right direction and use big letters and arrows made with neon lights and colors please?

Well, looks like the Beta has fixed the problem for me!!!  Woo Hoo!!!

Made a change on the laptop (Win7), Dropbox updated, Android Phone did not catch updated sync, but a manual sync did get the updated file.  I may not have waited long enough?  Desktop app (Win10) did get the updated information automatically, but Tools >  Sync indicated Error 118 even though the data was updated as far as I could tell.  Android tablet did update by itself.

I made another change to the file on my Win 19 Desktop.  Dropbox updated, Android Phone updated, Android tablet updated and the Win7 laptop updated, all automatically.

I will try making other changes in different orders to see how it performs, but at this time I am cautiously optimistic.

Thanks you Anshu kumar and the Enpass team.  I left feedback on the Beta site.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I'm experiencing this issue again.  Some background, this is my wife's account which was set up late last year but she hadn't used it much.  When I first set it up I was having sync issues, found this thread, enrolled her in beta and all was good.  Her previous pw manager license expired last week so she started using Enpass but it was asking for her master pw, which wasn't being accepted on either the Android or Win10 desktop app, which was an oddity to begin with.  I still had her old .CSV file so I deleted the Enpass on both and set her up fresh.  Win10 client seems to be working fine, but it's not syncing to her phone via Google Drive.  I deleted the old Enpass folder in Drive before setting the account up again.  She's using a Pixel 2 running stock Androids 8.1.  When I initially link the Drive account via the Android app it says it syncs, though no data actually comes through.  That initial link is the Last Synchronized time; the Last Attempt updates with every try but it doesn't actually sync.  There is no error given.