100 Watt Walrus

Enpass says Dropbox password is wrong — it's not

Suddenly yesterday afternoon, Enpass refused to sync with Dropbox. Enpass says the Dropbox password is wrong, but it's not.

I logged into Dropbox.com using the same password, no problem at all.

So in Enpass, I disconnected from the Dropbox account, then went through Set Up Sync" again, and that went just fine, but when I get back to Enpass, it still says "Sync error. Password of data on Dropbox is required."

I click "Resolve now," it asks be for the password, I enter the exact same password as I entered on Dropbox.com, and...it just cycles me back to the same error.

So...what now?

Enpass Beta 6.5.0 (701)
MacBook Pro 2012 running 10.13.6

I cannot update to Beta 6.5.1.721 because of this ongoing problem that has not been resolved.

100 Watt Walrus - I use Windows rather than Mac and Enpass 6.51 (723) and I also sync with Dropbox. I had a similar issue some time ago and found if I logged in to my Dropbox account and disconnected Enpass from the Connected Apps menu, I was then able to set up Dropbox again in Epass and stay logged in. You may have already done this, but thought it worth mentioning. 

22 hours ago, Thoughts? said:

100 Watt Walrus - I use Windows rather than Mac and Enpass 6.51 (723) and I also sync with Dropbox. I had a similar issue some time ago and found if I logged in to my Dropbox account and disconnected Enpass from the Connected Apps menu, I was then able to set up Dropbox again in Epass and stay logged in. You may have already done this, but thought it worth mentioning. 

Thanks for the suggestion. That's kind-of what I ended up doing, but a longer way around. I'm back to syncing now. Cheers.

• Like 1

Glad it's working again. The issue as I understand it is that Dropbox stops the reconnection because it sees the same Enpass app as already connected/authenticated. So only by disconnecting the app in Dropbox is Enpass then allowed to reconnect to your Dropbox account.

• Like 1