Enpass Discussion Forum

Sync with any (e.g. BitTorrent Sync)

I need to sync with BTSync also called BitTorrent Sync. For this I need access to the data store file. Could you implement the possibility to sync the file with for example the sd card?

10 hours ago, egs2003@gmail.com said:

I need to sync with BTSync also called BitTorrent Sync. For this I need access to the data store file. Could you implement the possibility to sync the file with for example the sd card?

Hi egs2003@gmail.com,

syncing with BTSync on desktop devices is no problem at all. You can use the folder sync of Enpass to do so. But there is a problem syncing the wallet-file on iOS, because you can download the wallet inside the BTSync app, but you can't send the wallet-file from there into the Enpass app.

Cheers yiria

Edited by Yiria

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd also like to vote for the ability to use BitTorrent Sync (now spun-off into a separate company called Resilio). At least on Android, the only thing required would be to make the database file appear somewhere in the user space internal memory (/storage/emulated/0/ on a Nexus). I believe Resilio Sync does APIs for greater integration, but at least on Android it would be very simple for the user to create a sync between any user space file location on the phone with any location on a PC or Mac. Since iPhones don't give users access to the file system, the same approach wouldn't work there. Doing something like this would be in the spirit of Enpass which allows users to be in greater control of their data.

We are planning to add Folder sync to Android version in next major version. Thank you will be able to sync both Android and Desktop app data through method of your choice via third party sync tool.

We can't add folder sync to iOS though, as iOS apps are strictly sandboxed.   

• 5 months later...