Enpass Discussion Forum

I lost my main passw but i can access my vault with my fingerprint

Silverscott

Hello all, hello Enpass Support

I have been using Enpass since its beginning and I could not do without it anymore I have all my digital life in this application so i have a Pro license. My problem is this: I use Enpass mainly on my computer under Windows 10 but I also synchronize it with my phone under Androïd via my Google Drive. So I can access to my vault on my phone with my fingerprint. Six months ago, i lost my main vault's password of my computer. Now, my only way to access to my Enpass vault is my cell phone.

A month ago I changed my cell phone, so I reinstalled Enpass on the new one but couldn’t restore my safe because I don’t have the key. How could I transfer my Enpass Vault from my old Cel to the new one without the main psw ? 

Please tell me I won’t have to (re)copy everything by hand or with copy/paste  :/

Thx for help

The only chance from my point of view is to create new vault with a new password within your enpass app on your smartphone and then to copy manually each entry of your existing vault to the new vault. After this create a backup of the new vault, move the backup file to your new mobile phone or windows 10 system and create a new vault from this backup file. I didn't test this before, but its worth a try.

5 hours ago, Silverscott said:

Hello all, hello Enpass Support

I have been using Enpass since its beginning and I could not do without it anymore I have all my digital life in this application so i have a Pro license. My problem is this: I use Enpass mainly on my computer under Windows 10 but I also synchronize it with my phone under Androïd via my Google Drive. So I can access to my vault on my phone with my fingerprint. Six months ago, i lost my main vault's password of my computer. Now, my only way to access to my Enpass vault is my cell phone.

A month ago I changed my cell phone, so I reinstalled Enpass on the new one but couldn’t restore my safe because I don’t have the key. How could I transfer my Enpass Vault from my old Cel to the new one without the main psw ? 

Please tell me I won’t have to (re)copy everything by hand or with copy/paste  :/

Thx for help

Hey Silverscott,

Ernst is right. With offline password managers such as Enpass there's no way to recover the master password once you've forgotten it. The only way for you now is to manually copy and paste the entries to a new vault since you also can't export without the master password. Never forget your master password...that's why it's called a master password. 

Edited by Nyagaka254

Hi @Silverscott

As Enpass is an offline password manager, there is no way to recover a lost master password as the master password is not saved anywhere. All your data is totally under your control and we have no access to it. This is to ensure the best and optimum security for your confidential data.

However, as you mentioned that you are able to access the Enpass app and the data on your old cell phone, please follow the below steps -

1. Open Enpass on your old cell phone using Biometrics.

2. Go to Settings-->Create a new vault of Enpass on your handset with a new password.

3. Copy all the items individually from the other vaults and move them into the newly created vault.

4. Sync this new vault with a new cloud account.

5. Now reinstall Enpass on any other device and restore the data using the new cloud account.

6. Once all your data is restored on the other device, repeat step-5 on all your devices.