Enpass Discussion Forum

PassKey Storage & Sync in Enpass

FuN_KeY

Hi @paulsiu

To activate passkeys on your iOS device for Enpass, please refer to the below steps -

1. The latest version of Enpass must be installed with iOS ver 17 and autofill with Enpass must also be enabled.

2. Open the particular websites ( which supports passkey )and login with username and password .

3. Go to settings page -> Navigate to login method -> Add passkey.

4. Now Enpass will prompt to save the save passkey.

5. Follow the screen instructions.

For a visual guide on how to add a passkey in the iOS version of the app, I recommend checking out this blog, as it includes a helpful video that can assist you in this scenario.

• Like 2

On 10/11/2023 at 4:57 AM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @paulsiu

To activate passkeys on your iOS device for Enpass, please refer to the below steps -

1. The latest version of Enpass must be installed with iOS ver 17 and autofill with Enpass must also be enabled.

2. Open the particular websites ( which supports passkey )and login with username and password .

3. Go to settings page -> Navigate to login method -> Add passkey.

4. Now Enpass will prompt to save the save passkey.

5. Follow the screen instructions.

For a visual guide on how to add a passkey in the iOS version of the app, I recommend checking out this blog, as it includes a helpful video that can assist you in this scenario.

Man, that looks very promissing! I've been hesitant of trusting Passkeys as it wasn't clear where exactly they're being stored on my device and who/what has access to them. with it being part of my offline Enpass vault, I'd most certainly love to take advantage of the added convenience, and really can't wait to see how it gets implemented in Enpass for Windows.

Only suggestion I'd have is ability to update our currently saved account credentials with a "Passkey" attachment/section, similar to how we currently can save our 2FA Codes in Enpass under the same credential entry, instead of it saving as a completely separate credential entry. That will really aid in keeping them well organized and keeping track of which accounts support/have Passkeys.

Can't wait to see it on Windows :D

• Like 2

If anyone missed this news on Enpass blog - there is another great step announced - full passkeys support on Android!

https://www.enpass.io/blog/security/enpass-for-android-now-supports-managing-passkeys/

Since I use iOS for mobile Enpass (which also supports passkeys sync for a few weeks) now the best news for me is:

"Enpass for desktop computers already syncs passkeys created on mobile, and will support passkey creation and login within a few weeks."

I can't wait to have this functionality too!

Great work Enpass Team! Thank you!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm still not totally clear on where passkeys sent to Enpass get stored. I'm assuming it's one of:

• Are these passkeys stored within your vault, as synced to the cloud location of your choice? - this seems safest and most aligned with Enpass' whole purpose of being a private cloud security option
  • Are they stored within Enpass' own servers? - this seems unaligned with Enpass and I wouldn't be comfortable with this
  • Are they stored only locally on the device you used to create them? - this seems unlikely, as there's too much reliance on a single device, which could get lost any time and lock you out of the account indefinitely.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.
I’ve been thinking about migrating  back from bitwarden to Enpass. 
The import was pretty much flawless.

What I’m missing is steam otp and I thought the passkey implementation was fully done. 

so my question is: when you are talking about windows integration is coming soon, we are talking about the browser extensions right? And is there any ETA?

And even if it doesn’t really belong here: I’ve seen a thread about steam otp from five years ago and it was said that you were working at it. Is that still the case?

Thanks Andre

On 11/3/2023 at 5:51 AM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @paulsiu

Creating backups and restoring your data will retain all the saved passkeys. However, when exporting your vault to CSV or JSON formats, please note that passkeys will not be included in the export/import process.

Thanks, have Enpass thought about if they will do this in the future or if you will have ways to import passkeys from other vendors. I imagine that there is no published standard of how to represent passkey in JSON or csv.

Hi @Andre85@paulsiu

Our development team is actively working on introducing the Passkeys feature to the Desktop version of the app. However, at this time, we are unable to provide a specific ETA. Rest assured, we will keep our users updated on any advancements related to this feature or the import/export of passkeys. Your cooperation and support are greatly appreciated!

Hi,

I've just tried the latest Enpass BETA for Windows (6.9.2 but Website version only because I don't have access to MS Store version for beta) and passkeys work perfect!
This is amazing user experience when you can login to your passkey-based account (github, google, passkeys.io, ... etc.) with one click/tap using your passkey previously saved (on iOS) in Enpass and now synced with your Enpass Windows version!

I can't wait when this new Enpass version is available as stable release (and published in official MS Store)!

Great job Enpass Team!

image (1).png

• Thanks 1

Hello, I can't seem to get Enpass working on Windows 11, the Windows Hello passkeys still pop up, how can I switch that to the Enpass one?

(I am using the MS Store one, version is shown in the screenshot)

image.thumb.png.351079ea7b258bf80e18e69c5ceb7c17.png

Winver:

image.png.e4ceb588070a4fb84a266fde1fb748c3.png

===

Edit 1: I am able to add a Enpass Passkey to Cloudflare, but not google

Edit 2: I am able to add Enpass Passkeys to Github, Porkbun. However, I am unable to add a Enpass passkey to Google & Roblox

Edit 3: I am able to create an Enpass passkey for Google on Ubuntu. Roblox does not work on linux too.

All works fine after i switched to the website version!

Edited by Spooky Kipper
  • Like 1