Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass doesn't synchronise with Nextcloud

MaxKraft

Hello,

I have the problem that Enpass doesn't synchronise with the tresor in Nextcloud.

I set everything as usual, using my password, but it doesn't work. I attached some screeshots.

I don't know when this happened, but it worked before, with the same credentials. I can access Nextcloud without any problems via browser.

It is not the password, I checked it 100 times.

Since I paid for this app and I rebooted my desktop system and lost a lot of passwords or can't access them now, I am not very happy about that.

3.png

2.png

1.png

• Like 1

For troubleshooting purposes, please try the below steps -  

• Disconnect the synchronization from the connected device and then enable the synchronization again. I would also suggest restarting your NextCloud server . 
  • Could you please check and confirm that the time setting is set to automatic on all the devices and there is no time difference? If they are not, kindly set it to automatic. 
  • Ensure that you have allowed access to Enpass in your Firewall/Antivirus Settings. Moreover, if you are using any VPN service, try disabling it to check if the issue persists. 
  • Create a manual backup of your data and then reinstall the app on the affected device. 
  • If the issue persists, please share the below details with me, and I’ll have this checked for you -. 
  • The version of the Enpass app and OS you are using on all your devices. 
  • Any VPN/Antivirus service you are using. 

If possible, could you provide us with a  demo account with its URL, username and password on support@enpass.io ?  It will help us immensely in investigating this issue on our end. 

• Like 1

I can confirm the issue. All of my devices (Android 14 and Windows 11) are not able to sync with Nextcloud. I only get the error message "Synchronisationsfehler Passwor für die Daten auf NextCloud erforderlich" (sync error, password for NextCloud is required).

If i enter the password or disconnect and reconnect the synchronization, I can login into my NextCloud, but the sync is still not working.

I also restartet my NextCloud server, but nothing changed. The time settings on all of my devices are corret and the same. When i manualy trigger the sync, i get no error in my nextcloud logs.

I am sure, that it is not a firewall issue (testet internaly, without routing) and my password is also correct. Because i have the issue, i am also not thinking it is a antivirus issue and i dont use a VPN.

Here are more informations about two of my devices:
- Pixel 8 Pro (Android 14, security patch from 05.06.2024) with Enpass 6.11.0.1000
- Windows 11 23H2 (Build 22631.3672) with Enpass Beta 6.11.0 (1697)

I hope, that this informations are helpful and I am looking forward to read from you :).

I don't use any Firewall and Antivirus software. I have the problem on all three devices now (including my Android phone). I tried to connect to WebDAV, also no success.

I am not very happy with that. My passwords are scattered on three devices, it makes life worse than without this software. I will discontinue the use and try another provider.

Unfortunately, as I wrote in a previous post, I feel the same way. I am also affected by the autofill problem with Firefox (also known in the forum for weeks).

Unfortunately, nobody seems to feel really responsible for the two posts in the forum.

I was very happy with Enpass Pro for years, but have now also switched to Vaultwarden/Bitwarden.

Certainly! Here are the steps to resolve the issue by checking and renaming the Enpass folder on your NextCloud, and setting up the sync again: 

• Check NextCloud folder for multiple vault.enpassdbsync files. 
  • Disconnect Enpass sync on your desktop. 
  • Rename the Enpass folder on NextCloud. 
  • Set up sync again on the desktop. 
  • Verify that the desktop syncs correctly. 
  • Ensure your phone syncs without needing to disconnect and reconnect. 
  • Verify sync functionality on both devices. 

By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the sync issues and ensure that Enpass works seamlessly across your devices. If not there must be problem with your password please ensure that your are typing in correct master password or try copy and pasting master password in field.

• 4 weeks later...