Jump to content
Atlan

Enpass extension not showing up in Edge

Recommended Posts

I have installed the Enpass extension for Edge, but it won't show up in Edge's extension list. Am I doing something wrong? My guess is that I have to configure the extension through the extensions menu?

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the extension without success. I am running Win10 insider preview fast ring (18305).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vinod Kumar said:

Hi all,

Sorry for trouble. Are you not able to see Enpass extension icon? or Nothing happens when you click?

Thanks.

 

4 hours ago, Vinod Kumar said:

Oh I see now. Microsoft is still publishing listings for new releases. I might take few hours to complete for your country.

The icon doesn't show and it's also not listing in Edge's extenion list.
Windows and the store do report it as installed though.

The store description is already showing V6 of the extension for me, but maybe it's an outdated version? I have version 6.0.7.0 installed.

Edited by laibalion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please follow the following steps. 

Visit browser extensions page on Enpass website to install the latest extension Edge.

You’ll be directed to Microsoft Store. Install and launch to run the extension, and you’d be redirected to the Edge browser with a pop-up asking for your permission to turn the extension on. Click Turn it on to enable the extension.

If Enpass icon doesn’t show up in the toolbar. Go to the option ⋯ in the top right corner. You’ll see the Enpass icon there, right-click on the Enpass icon and choose Show next to address bar.

Hope this will work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Sunil Kumar said:

Hi all,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please follow the following steps. 

Visit browser extensions page on Enpass website to install the latest extension Edge.

You’ll be directed to Microsoft Store. Install and launch to run the extension, and you’d be redirected to the Edge browser with a pop-up asking for your permission to turn the extension on. Click Turn it on to enable the extension.

If Enpass icon doesn’t show up in the toolbar. Go to the option ⋯ in the top right corner. You’ll see the Enpass icon there, right-click on the Enpass icon and choose Show next to address bar.

Hope this will work!

  There is a problem with your website and it is not accessible now. Unable to download all browser extensions, clicking the extensions button will not respond.I need the download address of the enpass6.0 Firefox Browser extensions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

23 hours ago, Sunil Kumar said:

Hi all,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please follow the following steps. 

Visit browser extensions page on Enpass website to install the latest extension Edge.

You’ll be directed to Microsoft Store. Install and launch to run the extension, and you’d be redirected to the Edge browser with a pop-up asking for your permission to turn the extension on. Click Turn it on to enable the extension.

If Enpass icon doesn’t show up in the toolbar. Go to the option ⋯ in the top right corner. You’ll see the Enpass icon there, right-click on the Enpass icon and choose Show next to address bar.

Hope this will work!

How is this any different from installing it directly from the store (which is what we do).
I followed these instructions and they don't help at all. The store and OS still think it's installed,  but Edge doesn't list it, the icons doesn't appear in Edge and it doesn't work.

 

5 hours ago, SamSmith said:

  There is a problem with your website and it is not accessible now. Unable to download all browser extensions, clicking the extensions button will not respond.I need the download address of the enpass6.0 Firefox Browser extensions.

 

This topic is about the Edge extension, please keep you reply on-topic , or start your own thread please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2018 at 7:41 PM, Sunil Kumar said:

Hi all,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please follow the following steps. 

Visit browser extensions page on Enpass website to install the latest extension Edge.

You’ll be directed to Microsoft Store. Install and launch to run the extension, and you’d be redirected to the Edge browser with a pop-up asking for your permission to turn the extension on. Click Turn it on to enable the extension.

If Enpass icon doesn’t show up in the toolbar. Go to the option ⋯ in the top right corner. You’ll see the Enpass icon there, right-click on the Enpass icon and choose Show next to address bar.

Hope this will work!

Happy new year :-)

I have followed that route and it didn't work.
The extension doesn't show up in Edge.

 

Edited by Atlan
added new year wishes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Atlan

Sorry for the trouble. See if the third step mentioned in the user manual helps you here https://www.enpass.io/docs/manual-desktop/browser_ext_install.html#edge-browser, which says

  • If Enpass icon doesn’t show up in the toolbar. Go to the option ⋯ in the top right corner. You’ll see the Enpass icon there, right-click on the Enpass icon and choose Show next to address bar.

Cheers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Hemant Kumar said:

Hi @Atlan

Sorry for the trouble. See if the third step mentioned in the user manual helps you here https://www.enpass.io/docs/manual-desktop/browser_ext_install.html#edge-browser, which says

  • If Enpass icon doesn’t show up in the toolbar. Go to the option ⋯ in the top right corner. You’ll see the Enpass icon there, right-click on the Enpass icon and choose Show next to address bar.

Cheers

 

Since we are not idiots, we already checked that. And no, that is not the problem at all.

As stated before, Edge doesn't list the extension in its extensions listing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting to suspect the issue may be caused by running WIndows Insider builds. I've reverted my tablet to the production release of Windows 10 1809, and there the externsion seems to be working fine.

The thing is, at this time, the Enpass extension is the only one exhibiting this behavior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2019 at 1:34 PM, Atlan said:

laibalion replied. that doesn't help.
I agree with laibalion, it's probably due to the insider build.

That is probably true, however all my other extensions work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SeanVin said:

That is probably true, however all my other extensions work. 

I thought so too, until I complete reset Edge in the last build and suddenly I couldn't properly install and use any extension anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to close this. After receiving some further Windows Insider updates, the issue is gone. The Enpass Edge extension shows up and works fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...