Enpass Discussion Forum

it seems your purposely deleted data from WebDAV

Hi all,

Since moving to the new major version, both my Macbook and iPhone complain about me "purposely deleting" data and refuse to sync.

I'm concerned I'll lose data on one or the other.

Both present the option to upload fresh, and in both cases they upload "successfully". Next sync on either device results in the same issue again, with the additional message of "No data found on WebDAV".

The WebDAV connection is correct (and had to be re-added, which was extremely annoying). 

On my ownCloud instance, the folder "Enpass" is there as usual. Inside is a file called sync_default.walletx (not modified in a week, I assume the sync file before the upgrade) and vault.enpassdbsync (modified within the last few minutes). Obviously permissions are correct, as each device can write this file, and reading has never been an issue pre-upgrade.

Please advise ASAP.

Hi Anshu,

Thanks for the reply. While I appreciate that new development can introduce new bugs, this is a pretty significant one - I face a possibility of data loss. This is beyond an inconvenience.

Please advise the ETA of a fix ASAP. This is unfortunately serious enough for me to move to another password manager if not resolved promptly.

I will not be able to provide a demo account for security reasons - the instance in question uses a private DNS entry and is heavily locked down. If you can advise me what specifics you require though (e.g. logs, versions, oc commands to run, etc), I'm happy to do so and provide results.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey @Havock94 & @Whitey

Sorry for the trouble you are having.

We appreciate your patience all the while.

Our QA and dev teams confirm the issue is fixed in the latest release. Could you please update Enpass to the latest version on your system and check if the WebDAV sync works? Please let us know if you face any difficulties along with the below details-

• On which devices and OS versions (mention all) are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass version are you using on each device?
  • On which device you are having this issue?
  • Please share a screenshot of the error/issue if possible?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I cannot provide a demo account unfortunately, but this is happening once a day lately from my Macbook running Catalina. I'm running version 6.4.2 (667) Beta.

I also use Enpass on Android 10 but every time I receive the message is on my Mac.

You should REALLY fix the issue as it's extremely annoying, not to say that I always fear my latest login details are lost!!

Hey @Havock94

Thanks for the patience.

To investigate further on this issue, we want a little input from your side so please perform these steps and let me know if the problem persists.

• Download the debug version of Enpass from this link on your device.
  • Now open Enpass --> Settings --> Advanced --> Logs --> Enable it.
  • Now sync with WebDAV. When you receive an error code --> Go to Advanced settings --> Logs --> Copy the Logs in any text editor and share with us at support@enpass.io along with the forum link.

Thanks for the co-operation.