Enpass Discussion Forum

Tag tree on the left collapses every time

savanervi

Hello!

When I add a new record to the password manager the tag tree on the left collapses every time. Please, make it so that when I add a new record and lunch the program the tag tree will remain expanded exactly as it was during the last use (that's what I need).

It is very uncomfortable!

Edited by savanervi

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello @Ankur Gupta,

I'm sorry to dig up this topic but this issue occurs on linux version 6.7.0 (867) and it's very, very, annoying.

Not only it happens when I create or update an entry but even when I simply copy a password, the tag tree will eventually collapse after, what seems, a random period.

For log, I think it happens after a safe is synced. (webdav in my case)

I'll be glad to help you, just le me know if you need anything.

Thanks,

Edited by gyan000

• 2 months later...

Hi @Abhishek Dewan,

I just saw the release notes of the new Enpass version available today, v6.7.4 (933), and saw no mention of this bug being resolved. Do you know if this issue will be fixed one day ? 

Like I already wrote, it's very, very, very frustrating and inefficient. Sure the new auto-filling looks ok, but it could be great if you could fix real issues in you main app like this one.

Sorry, I don't want to be harsh, it's just that I like Enpass a lot and I don't understand why it's not yet fixed. Tiny issue, maybe, but it's a big problem for user experience, and I'm losing my mind each time it happens. (ok I exaggerate a little, but you see the idea - but losing time because of this issue - for sure)

I don't know how many developers are working on this application, so I suspect it's probably difficult for you to organize bug fix / new functionalities, and maybe this issue is not easy to fix, but still...

I hope it will be fixed soon. :)

Thanks,

• 5 months later...
On 9/1/2021 at 3:15 PM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @gyan000

Welcome to the Enpass Community!

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Our team has reproduced the bug on their end and we are working on getting it fixed. The fix will be implemented in the future Enpass updates.

Hi @Abhishek Dewan,

Same question as  my last comment in the Panel Resizing and Space Wasted on Right Panel topic.
Is it really planned to try to fix this issue or no -  or is it not possible ?. (here, again, I'll understand if it's something difficult to fix, but let us know please)

Thanks again,

Hi @gyan000

I can certainly understand your disappointment in this case.

We do plan to fix this issue, and our dedicated development team is already working on resolving it. Unfortunately, I will not be able to share any ETA at the moment. I'm personally expediting this concern, and in case of any fixes, I will be sure to update this forum. Your patience and co-operation in the meantime are appreciated.

• 1 month later...
On 11/18/2021 at 12:04 PM, gyan000 said:

Sorry, I don't want to be harsh, it's just that I like Enpass a lot and I don't understand why it's not yet fixed. Tiny issue, maybe, but it's a big problem for user experience, and I'm losing my mind each time it happens. (ok I exaggerate a little, but you see the idea - but losing time because of this issue - for sure)

I have to agree with gyan000: Every time the tags menu collapses (after editing, adding, synchronising, randomly?), my brain misses a beat or two, feeling the urge to squash something. The problem is already present for years, which causes me to use Enpass less and less. Often I find myself using a text editor while configuring a new network/service with 2+ accounts. It isn't the safest option, but it's a lot more productive and prevents me from getting insane.

I would very much appreciate it if you would keep us informed of any progress/ETA. Thanks!

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Hi @Abhishek Dewan,

One year since my last post in this thread.

This issue is really, really, really, really, annoying and I'm seriously loosing patience here, and I don't know how we can make your PO understand how annoying it is.

Honestly, same remark I made in the thread Panel Resizing and Space Wasted on Right Panel, if you won't fix this issue soon, no need to keep this thread open...

Thank you,

Edited by gyan000

• 11 months later...

Hi @Abhishek Dewan,

Almost a year since my last post in this thread and, no news.

You really should close this thread, it make no sense to keep it opened because it makes us believe that you will take care of it but it seems it's not on priority at all for the dev team.

This is a lack of respect for your customers to not make it clear that it won't be fixed.

This issue is absolutely annoying and I think I waited patiently enough. I suppose I should start to look to an alternative to Enpass now since you don't care. (I really don't want to do that but it seems I have no choice :/)