Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass extension for new Edge browser is here!

Kashish

Hey all,

Microsoft has officially announced the launch of the "stable" version of its new Edge Chromium browser for both Windows and Mac platforms today. We are glad to inform that Enpass browser extension is fully compatible with the latest release of Edge browser. You can install the Enpass browser extension for Edge from the download page here.

If you face an issue or would like to share any feedback, feel free to comment on the forums.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

Extension is installed and I click the icon and generate a passcode - however I cannot find how / where to enter the passcode in the Desktop App. I am in "Settings - Browser" but nothing. Extensions are enabled. 
Cheers and thanks in advance

Hi Kashish, 

I installed the extension and can click the icon (top right) in the browser to get an Authentication Code...however...where do i enter this in the desktop App in order to pair the two? I am in the "Settings - Browser" and cant find anything. Feel free to delete the seperate post i created for this.

Cheers

Hey @mutton

Thanks for writing in.

As far as I understood you have installed Enpass extension and while clicking on the Enpass plugin icon, you are getting the pass-code on the browser window but you are not getting the Extension window to authenticate browser by entering the pass-code.

For quick troubleshooting, please quit the Enpass app and browser and check again. If the problem still persists, please share the below details so that we can test it-

1. On which device OS version are you getting this issue?
  2. Which Enpass and Enpass extension version you using?
  3. On which browser you are getting this issue?
  4. Please confirm if enable browsers extensions from the Browser settings of Enpass is enabled?

Also, I have attached a screenshot for your reference.

Enpass Plugin.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm stumped on what I'm missing here.

Enpass extension 6.8.3 for MS Edge browser 

MS Edge browser 111.0.1661.41 - running in regular mode

Extensions are turned on; Enpass extension is turned on

Enpass Windows app on Windows 11 is running and vault is unlocked

When I try to authenticate, I can't type numbers in the window.

image.thumb.png.20ae0bcced7f46d62d619ad086fe7fbe.png

Hi @digger16309

For troubleshooting purposes, please follow the below steps. Let me know if the issue persists -

1. Ensure that the latest version of Enpass is installed on your device and that the Enpass application is running in the background when using the browser extension. In addition, the “ Enable Extensions ” under the Browser settings of your Enpass application should also be enabled.

2. I would also suggest checking that you have the latest version of browser installed , re-configuring the extension, and reinstalling it from here.

3. Try clearing the cache and cookies of the browser.

4. Ensure that you have allowed access to Enpass in your Antivirus/Firewall/VPN settings. Also try disabling them to see if the issue persists.

5. You can also try unchecking ' Authorize browsers with code signature only option ' in Enpass app Settings → Browser → Browser Authentication.

This issue is now solved but I stumbled upon the solution....

Enpass must NOT be running in the background. One must quit Enpass and let the process end completely.

Install the browser extension, click on it, and it will ask to open the Enpass app with a pop-up and checkbox. It's critical when giving permission to check the box that says, "always open Enpass".  Then and only then will it allow for entry into the pop-up window. This is probably a bug in how this is implemented, or perhaps it is purposeful.  Anyway though, for me, this only worked with the Enpass app closed on browser connection for all browsers (Chrome, Edge, Firefox).

Edited by digger16309

• 5 months later...