Enpass Discussion Forum

Synchonization password

Naj

Hi There,

This is my first time asking here a question. I''ll try to describe the issue i'm facing.

I have bought a new laptop recently and i installed the enpass App on it. After logging in successfully now i want to sync it with my cloud data and here is the issue. It asks for a password so that the Enpass application can synchronize the data between the cloud and the new installed application.

I entered several passwords that i have used in the past but i have never changed it so far i can remember. After several attempts, i do not know anymore how to synchronize between these two applications so that i have the same data on this new laptop as my other devices.

PS: this is not about my master password because i can log in successfully on the enpass password manager, it is the password that the password manager asks to sync the cloud with it.

I hope you guys could help me out with this.

Kind regards,

Naj

Hi @Pratyush Sharma,

Thanks! Down below, you'll see 2 screenshots i get when i try to sync my enpass database with my dropbox. On my mobile phones, it's working perfectly, however, on my both laptops it does not.

image.png.0bdc049ce80637e1fbb393861f4e3c50.png

image.thumb.png.4e2eda2a9464702cdec67476614d0581.png

I hope there is way to solve this issue because now i cannot sync the new added passwords with my other devices.

- Naj

Hi @Naj,

I assume you are entering the same master password (in the password field) that you used while setting up sync with the DropBox account.

To identify the problem: Is it possible for you to disconnect the sync on any one of the other devices(that are in sync with the same account), and re-connect the sync with the same password which you are trying to use in the new laptop? Note: It might break the sync on the other device if somehow the password you enter is an incorrect password.  

Hey @Naj

Sorry for the trouble you had.

Please follow these steps as mentioned below:

• Take the backup of Enpass data on all the devices and save it locally.
  • Now disconnect Sync from all your devices that are synced from your Drop-Box.
  • Open Dropbox in any Browser---> Go to App → Open Enpass folder → Select vault.enpassdbsync file → Rename it as oldvault.enpassbdsync
  • Reconnect your all devices from Dropbox.

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/24/2020 at 12:50 PM, Garima Singh said:

Hey @Naj

Sorry for the trouble you had.

Please follow these steps as mentioned below:

• Take the backup of Enpass data on all the devices and save it locally.
  • Now disconnect Sync from all your devices that are synced from your Drop-Box.
  • Open Dropbox in any Browser---> Go to App → Open Enpass folder → Select vault.enpassdbsync file → Rename it as oldvault.enpassbdsync
  • Reconnect your all devices from Dropbox.

Hope this helps!

Bonjour,

Merci pour l'explication; cela fonctionne correctement grâce à vos explications.