Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass freezing 1 min at opening

Inkx

Hello,

I'm using Enpass (Pro) on my Mac and iPhone without any issue. But on my windows laptop, i'm dealing with 1 min delay to open it.

I've try to reinstall it (from winodws store) but no change... This occur each time i fully close Enpass and re-open it even after fresh computer start.

Some info :

Enpass version : 6.6.0 (770)

Windows version : latest

Item number in Enpass : 170 + 4 docs

Sync method : OneDrive

Is there some log that i can past to give more info ?

Thanks to your help !

image.thumb.png.8b8bdd1ac1cffc91829a265835c95c2f.png

image.thumb.png.fe636b429052b66530e1f2cf9403e8b1.png

Hey @Inkx

To troubleshoot this issue, please download Enpass from our website  so that you can enable the logs and share with us, it would help us to identify the problem.

1. Enable the logs from the Enpass app by following these steps: Go to Enpass Settings > Advanced > Enable logs.
  2. Copy the logs of the Enpass app and share it with us.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Garima Singh,

Sorry for the dealy the email notification was in spambox.

See below the log that enpass return.

Thanks

Info: [HTTP]  CURLSSLOPT_NO_REVOKE 
Info: [HTTP]  Using AUTO Proxy detection 
Info: [HttpClient] https://rest.enpass.io/enpass/alert/?package=in.sinew.enpass.win&os=windows%7C10&version=6.6.1&version_code=809&language=en%7Cfr&after=1617355404&license=pro curlresultcode: 0 responseheaders: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Allow: GET, HEAD, OPTIONS
Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store
Content-Security-Policy: default-src 'none';
Content-Type: application/json
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2021 09:24:55 GMT
Feature-Policy: geolocation 'none'; midi 'none'; notifications 'none'; push 'none'; sync-xhr 'none'; microphone 'none'; camera 'none'; magnetometer 'none'; gyroscope 'none'; speaker 'none'; vibrate 'none'; fullscreen 'none'; payment 'none'; usb 'none';
Referrer-Policy: no-referrer
Server: nginx
Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000; includeSubdomains; preload
Vary: Cookie, Origin
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block
Content-Length: 241
Connection: keep-alive

Info: [HttpClient] https://license.enpass.io/api/v1/subscription/me/ curlresultcode: 0 responseheaders: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Allow: POST, OPTIONS
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2021 09:24:56 GMT
Feature-Policy: geolocation 'none'; midi 'none'; notifications 'none'; push 'none'; sync-xhr 'none'; microphone 'none'; camera 'none'; magnetometer 'none'; gyroscope 'none'; speaker 'none'; vibrate 'none'; fullscreen 'none'; payment 'none'; usb 'none';
Content-Length: 748

Info: [NATIVE_LIST:] 49 ms 
Info: [NATIVE_LIST:] 27 ms 
Info: [NATIVE_LIST:] 4 ms 
Info: [HttpClient] https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/drive/special/approot:/vault.enpassdbsync curlresultcode: 0 responseheaders: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2021 09:25:00 GMT
Content-Type: application/json;odata.metadata=minimal;odata.streaming=true;IEEE754Compatible=false;charset=utf-8
Cache-Control: no-store
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000
request-id: aef50837-6d92-4bed-9d43-47bfdfe35cdc
client-request-id: aef50837-6d92-4bed-9d43-47bfdfe35cdc
x-ms-ags-diagnostic: {"ServerInfo":{"DataCenter":"North Europe","Slice":"E","Ring":"4","ScaleUnit":"003","RoleInstance":"DB1PEPF00005A53"}}
OData-Version: 4.0

Identical problem with windows 10 this is my log, my version is 6.6.1

Info: [HTTP]  CURLSSLOPT_NO_REVOKE 
Info: [HTTP]  Using AUTO Proxy detection 
Info: [HttpClient] https://rest.enpass.io/enpass/alert/?package=in.sinew.enpass.win&os=windows%7C10&version=6.6.1&version_code=809&language=en%7Cit&after=1617689067&license=lite&trial=0 curlresultcode: 0 responseheaders: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Allow: GET, HEAD, OPTIONS
Content-Type: application/json
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 06:07:46 GMT
Content-Length: 241

Info: [HttpClient] https://license.enpass.io/api/v1/subscription/me/ curlresultcode: 0 responseheaders: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Allow: POST, OPTIONS
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 06:07:46 GMT
Content-Length: 740

Info: [NATIVE_LIST:] 8 ms 
Info: [NATIVE_LIST:] 2 ms 
Info: [NATIVE_LIST:] 0 ms 
Info: [HttpClient] https://www.googleapis.com/drive/v3/files/?orderBy=modifiedTime+desc&q='appDataFolder'+in+parents+and+trashed+=+false+&spaces=appDataFolder curlresultcode: 0 responseheaders: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store, max-age=0, must-revalidate
Pragma: no-cache
Expires: Mon, 01 Jan 1990 00:00:00 GMT
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 06:07:51 GMT
Vary: X-Origin
Content-Type: application/json; charset=UTF-8
Content-Security-Policy: frame-ancestors 'self'
Server: GSE
Alt-Svc: h3-29=":443"; ma=2592000,h3-T051=":443"; ma=2592000,h3-Q050=":443"; ma=2592000,h3-Q046=":443"; ma=2592000,h3-Q043=":443"; ma=2592000,quic=":443"; ma=2592000; v="46,43"
Accept-Ranges: none
Vary: Origin,Accept-Encoding

Info: [HttpClient] https://www.googleapis.com/drive/v3/files/1op6BiFh-4VWztSpncuR5ZVJ-SDoN1ZUs6LAXM9ewyfbwuztlcA?fields=*&spaces=appDataFolder curlresultcode: 0 responseheaders: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store, max-age=0, must-revalidate
Pragma: no-cache
Expires: Mon, 01 Jan 1990 00:00:00 GMT
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 06:07:52 GMT
Vary: X-Origin
Content-Type: application/json; charset=UTF-8
Content-Security-Policy: frame-ancestors 'self'
Server: GSE
Alt-Svc: h3-29=":443"; ma=2592000,h3-T051=":443"; ma=2592000,h3-Q050=":443"; ma=2592000,h3-Q046=":443"; ma=2592000,h3-Q043=":443"; ma=2592000,quic=":443"; ma=2592000; v="46,43"
Accept-Ranges: none
Vary: Origin,Accept-Encoding

With previuous version seem not have this problem...where i can download it, to try if solve ??

Hispa

Edited by hispanico

Hey @Inkx  @hispanico  @Phil123

While checking the the logs of Enpass website version provided by @Inkx & @hispanico, our team has found that there is not a delay or app freezing. Please confirm if the website version is also opening with a delay or freezing after opening the app similar to store version?

Also, to check if the anti-virus installed in the system might be delaying starting of Enpass app, please check by disabling the antivirus and share your findings with us.

Thanks!

I can only agree.
Web and app version both make the same mistake.

The start alone takes a long time before the app for registration even appears. Another freeze after logging in.

Virus protection = TrendMicro. Deactivating / switching off is unsuccessful.

Greetings

Hey @Inkx @hispanico & @Phil123

Thanks for the confirmation. We were unable to reproduce this issue on our systems and we believe this bug is specific to your environment. In order to test this again, we need some more input from you. The following program 'procmon' will let you capture and record events from Enpass app and tell us why it is running slow. You can save that file and share it back to us via PM or via mail at support@enpass.io -

1. Download Process monitor from here.
  2. Close Enpass if already running.
  3. Open Process monitor and add this filter- 'Process Name' --> 'Contains' --> 'Enpass' --> 'Include' (Attaching a screenshot for your reference).
  4. Now open Enpass, wait for white screen/freezing issues and then once it's open then close it.
  5. Save profiling information in Process monitor by going to File->Save, make sure to select 'All events'.

Also, let us know the below details-

1. Did you start facing this issue recently - like after an Enpass update, or did you face the same problem earlier as well?
  2. Share your system info (device specifications, model, OS version) on which you are getting this error?
  3. Are you using any firewall on the same device?
  4. Please confirm if the issue resurfaces after the app freshly installed or after setting up the sync and restoring Enpass data.
  5. Did you set the Enpass data location to a network folder?

MicrosoftTeams-image (1).png

Hello @Garima Singh,

I send you the export by PM.

See my answer to your question below :

Did you start facing this issue recently - like after an Enpass update, or did you face the same problem earlier as well?

I'm not using Enpass everyday on my Windows laptop but i don't remember than the older version (like years ago) was lagging

Share your system info (device specifications, model, OS version) on which you are getting this error?

Model : Dell XPS 13 9360 (i5 8Go RAM)

Are you using any firewall on the same device?

My anti-virus is ESET Endpoint security and acting like firewall too. But as i say, disabling it as no effect.

Please confirm if the issue resurfaces after the app freshly installed or after setting up the sync and restoring Enpass data.

Yes i confirm, same effect after re-install

Did you set the Enpass data location to a network folder?

Using OneDrive as sync method.

I have 3 office365 accounts, 2 professional and 1 personal. I'm using my personal account to sync it

regards,

Hello, Thanks Phil for your feedback !

I've starting to backup my laptop with OneDrive so my Document folder become "network" folder i think.

But unfortunately after trying to change the backup folder to C:/Users/Me/.enpass/Backups/ to be out of OneDrive scope it doesn't solve my issue even if i disable backup.

I've try to "repair" with enpass's installer after making my change but no effect...

cc @Garima Singh

Finaly found my problem that seems to be an Enpass bug.

I have 2 network drive mounted on my laptop and Enpass try to connect on it even if there is no Enpass's Data at all...

After deleting network drive Enpass is no more lagging.

Hope patch comme in next release.

Hi @Inkx

21 hours ago, Inkx said:

Finaly found my problem that seems to be an Enpass bug.

I have 2 network drive mounted on my laptop and Enpass try to connect on it even if there is no Enpass's Data at all...

After deleting network drive Enpass is no more lagging.

Many thanks for sharing your findings. I will share them with the concerned team to review and resolve the issue in the future update. 

• 3 months later...

Hi!
I have the same problem since several month now!
Tried to switch from the latest windows 10 app to the old x86 installation and disconnected all my network drives. 
Same issue!

Sync method: Dropbox, no browser extensions

Please help!

image.thumb.png.cfe6ba51beecfa57e5b197841fcee035.png

Edited by zerberus

Hello @zerberus!

Welcome to the Enpass Forum. 

On 8/6/2021 at 12:19 AM, zerberus said:

Tried to switch from the latest windows 10 app to the old x86 installation and disconnected all my network drives. 

To resolve this issue, I would suggest you perform the following steps to completely remove the Enpass and its data:

1. Take a backup of your good known working data manually and save it safe somewhere.
  2. Uninstall the Enpass.
  3. Remove documents/Enpass directory completely.
  4. Remove Enpass related Windows registry entries (eg. remove Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Sinew Software Systems Pvt Ltd\).
  5. Now reinstall the Enpass and restore your data

Let me now if it works for you.