Enpass Discussion Forum

How may I get out?

albopf

I was fully disappointed with the latest version of enpass. I won’t detail the reasons. I have already found and started using an alternative solution,

How may I safely and thoroughly clear *all* enpass-stored data from iCloud and all my Apple devices, delete the app from all of them, and then close my enpass account?

9 hours ago, albopf said:

I was fully disappointed with the latest version of enpass. I won’t detail the reasons. I have already found and started using an alternative solution,

How may I safely and thoroughly clear *all* enpass-stored data from iCloud and all my Apple devices, delete the app from all of them, and then close my enpass account?

as far as I understand there is NO enpass account you need to close

and data you have on iCloud you can delete - it is your folder in Apple environment 

@zhghom thanks for your response. I found what you’re talking about. Just for the reference of anyone else reading this, I got whatcha might call “anal” about it, and individually deleted each of 100-some entries. I gave it a moment to iCloud-sync. Then pursued the—as you mentioned—delete all, which comes back with a message about deleting all items, vaults, and settings on the device as well. (On other devices I pursued the “delete all” as well.) Then on all devices I have deleted the app and relegated it to “Hidden” in the App Store “purchased” history. All that remains is to delete the “account” upon which I am now typing this response. For the moment, I have set its password to an overly complex and long character string and it shall remain fallow. @elmaco I think Keepass has an Android app, and I’ve heard good things about it; others I’ve heard about are Dashlane, 1Password, and mSecure. Again, I’m not sure which one(s) live on Android. And you may find them pricey. I’m not in the habit of putting in commercial endorsements and mine might be a bad choice (iOS/MacOS user). Good luck.

• Haha 1

i switched now to "Safe in Cloud".

it has all feature of Enpass, but it closer to Enpass 5 and has no bugs. also one very active Developer. and its a good price point. Desktop Apps are free, and mobile (iOS and Android) cheap. One time Payment $6,99 - $7,99

https://safe-in-cloud.com/en/

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.safeincloud
iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/safeincloud-pro/id785120026

the best is, that there are paid Versions of the mobile apps. means you buy them one time, and can share them with your family through your family library for free. everybody gets the pro license.

Enpass just supported in-app purchases therefore no family sharing possible.

• Like 1

going further with synchronisation with OneDrive it is asking for both: connecting to OneDrive (expected) but then to gfx.ms - unexpected. Once you block gfx.ms it will not allow you to synchronise. Last one: crashlitycs.com? wtf?

so ZERO trust to this one my friend:

Screenshot 2019-01-30 at 14.58.24.jpg

Screenshot 2019-01-30 at 14.59.29.jpg

Screenshot 2019-01-30 at 14.59.43.jpg

20 minutes ago, zyghom said:

going further with synchronisation with OneDrive it is asking for both: connecting to OneDrive (expected) but then to gfx.ms - unexpected. Once you block gfx.ms it will not allow you to synchronise. Last one: crashlitycs.com? wtf?

so ZERO trust to this one my friend:

Screenshot 2019-01-30 at 14.58.24.jpg

Screenshot 2019-01-30 at 14.59.29.jpg

Screenshot 2019-01-30 at 14.59.43.jpg

not sure what the problem is but auth.gfx.ms is the official Microsoft Debug Login and authentification API. so everything fine here. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2655102/internet-accessible-urls-required-for-connectivity-to-microsoft-dynami

crashlytics is just a standard software for developers to collect and understand crash reports/logs. no access to encrypted databases

http://try.crashlytics.com

Edited by earl.grey
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, zyghom said:

@earl.grey you are right about gfx.ms ;-)

how about others?

btw safeincloud supposed to import v6 enpass db - let us see ;-)

crashlytics was even bought by Google and is now implemented in firebase. its a standard developer tool. 

https://firebase.google.com/docs/crashlytics/

Firebase Crashlytics is a lightweight, realtime crash reporter that helps you track, prioritize, and fix stability issues that erode your app quality. Crashlytics saves you troubleshooting time by intelligently grouping crashes and highlighting the circumstances that lead up to them.

Find out if a particular crash is impacting a lot of users. Get alerts when an issue suddenly increases in severity. Figure out which lines of code are causing crashes.

Were did you read that Safe in Cloud will allow to import Enpass 6 Databases? This would be awesome.

Edited by earl.grey
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, earl.grey said:

Were did you read that Safe in Cloud will allow to import Enpass 6 Databases? This would be awesome.

I just exported v6 enpass to json and imported SUCCESSFULLY to Safeincloud! that is the first step to say GOOD BYE to enpass - let me test iOS and Android...

it is in the Import menu - it says "v6 and above of enpass"

• Like 2

attachements: I did not have any in enpass however safeincloud is limited to 150KB per file

others: I am not sure I had any custom fields in enpass either as well as totp

I migrated to enpass v5 from Keepass but once I test properly android and iOS I will move to safeincloud especially that it supports family plans and with few people in my family we will have nice password manager for 1 time pay - unless devs of safeincloud do what devs of enpass did ;-(

• Like 1