Octapus

Sync lost: Password of data on OneDrive is required

Hi there

A few days ago, all devices (mac & iPhones) keep asking for a OneDrive password (what?) "Password of data on OneDrive is required"

Needless to say i have not changed my password

Any thoughts?

Enpass 6.4.0 and macOS 10.15.4

Thank you in advance

Hi @Octapus,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please note that Enpass ver6.4 has a few changes w.r.t implementation of One-Drive sync because we have introduced support for One-Drive for Business. If you're experiencing issues with One-Drive sync, please update Enpass to the latest version on all the devices and disconnect the sync. After disconnecting, set up sync on all the devices with the same One-Drive account, and the data will sync as before. If you have any issues, please follow the help article here. Please revert us back if the problem persists.

Thanks!

Hi Garima and thank you for your reply

All apps on all my platforms are updated and then disconnected from sync with OneDrive, but it seems i have another odd problem when i try to sync back: when Enpass call my browser (latest Chrome version) to login to Microsoft page, a couple of seconds later (and before i have the chance to provide username and password) the attached notification appears, and when i refer back to Enpass the sync is ofcourse still disconnected.

I even tried to uninstall the browser enpass extension but it didn’t help

I'm still a frustrated user :(

Screenshot 2020-03-27 at 9.59.20 AM.png

Edited by Octapus

Hey @Octapus

Sorry to hear that.

We've released an updated version of Enpass. Could you update the app to the latest version on all of your devices and let us know if you're still encountering the same issue with the app?

Thanks.

Hello,

I have the exact same defect.
I reinstalled enpass, but the error remains.

I am supposed to enter the password from the data on One-Drive, I did not change it.
It's not working.
This is a disaster for me.

Edited by Benqer

Hi @Benqer,

We regret the inconvenience and understand that you’re facing issues with OneDrive sync. Please follow the below steps to restore the sync:

• Take a manual backup of the data on both the devices.
  • Disconnect the sync on all devices.
  • Remove the folders Enpass and Enpass1 on OneDrive account.
  • Log in to the site https://account.live.com/consent/Manage with the same Microsoft account and delete all the permissions for Enpass.
  • Re-set up the sync with OneDrive on all the devices and check.

If the issue persists, please let us know.

I took the above steps and it did not work. Then I deleted the database when disconnecting from OneDrive. The next time I tried my Win10 computer and 2 Samsung phones (S9 & Note 8) connected and synchronized. However, I did all of the above, except going into OneDrive and deleting all the permissions, a few days ago and it worked as well. Then this morning nothing could synchronize again. It works for now, but not sure how long.