Octapus

Sync lost: Password of data on OneDrive is required

On 6/27/2020 at 11:10 PM, Fabio said:

@mark chang yes of course. I'm syncing on gdrive and everything is ok on all my devices except the one I'm using to help Enpass Support to solve onedrive issue. My 'official' cloud service where I have all data is OneDrive. Gdrive and google are not my first choice. I'm syncing there only due to this emergency status.

@AnthonyJT you're right but I paid for Enpass :-D and most important, I like it. I work in a software house and I know the importance of data get from debugger :-D

I paid for Enpass too however, my first priority is to have access to my data and secondly to have it synchronised across my devices. Many of us use OneDrive as our primary method of sync. This issue, between Enpass and Microsoft needs to be sorted out by Enpass. The lack of transparency about what is going on is worrying.

Hey @Captain_Eric

We are really sorry for the trouble.

We are investigating the issue and looking for a fix. Meanwhile, if possible, you can help us with the inputs using the below method-

• Disconnect sync from all the devices.
  • Download the debug version of Enpass from this link for Windows device.
  • Now open Enpass --> Settings --> Advanced --> Logs --> Enable it.
  • Now sync with One-drive. When you receive an error code --> Go to Advanced settings --> Logs --> Copy the Logs in any text editor and share with us on support@enpass.io.

Thanks for your co-operation.

My wife got this last week. I fixed it myself by disconnected everything and finding out there were multiple Enpass vaults file in OneDrive. Also, they were in multiple various locations one wasn't updated since 2017 so I knew it was safe to delete.

Now today I noticed mine stopped working and its asking for OneDrive creds, broke on Win10 2004 and iPhone latest iOS. I will investigate fixing this tomorrow same way I did my wife's Surface Laptop 3 Win10 2004/iPhone/iPad.

• Like 1

I had the same issue today on my Linux PC and Samsung S9+ phone... for whatever reason both just started requesting for password on OneDrive data in order to sync. Same as others, I haven't re-encrypted the data using some different password. Tried to delete everything from OneDrive, remove application access for Enpass on OneDrive and then re-establish the sync, but that didn't help, so only switching to different cloud service (DropBox) solved it.

Hopefully this is just temporary issue, because I really enjoy and appreciate the way Enpass just works... for years.