Posts posted by Kashish
I hope you all are safe. Ever since the release of version 6 of Enpass Portable, we've been overwhelmed by the user's response and support. We also understand that since then, it's been long, and there weren't any updates; hence, it was time for an updated release.
We are glad to announce that the wait is finally over as we release the latest version of Enpass Portable for all desktop platforms (Windows, Mac, and Linux) to cater to the long impending user-requests.
Enpass Portable version 6.4 comes with improved functionality in comparison to its predecessor. With the latest stable release, we've worked on fixing issues with the previous version, which were reported by our users. Here is What's New in the latest release:
- Multiple Vaults: We are very excited to have the support of more than one vault in Enpass to collaborate with our family and team members, keeping our personal data separate in Primary vault. It was one of the most demanded features from you guys. You can share a vault with others by syncing through a common cloud account where each vault need a distinct cloud account to sync. Just go ahead, and give it a try!
- Secure Sharing: Every single item that you want to share with others can now be encrypted with a passphrase (call it Pre-Shared Key). You can create PSKs from the Advanced Settings of Enpass after which an additional option to Encrypt with PSK will appear while sharing the item. You need to share the PSK prior with the intended recipient to enable them to import in their Enpass. Please use a different medium to share the PSK than you’ll use to share the item. -“Keys are always kept hidden from the locks” ;-).
- Enpass Assistant: The minified Enpass is now called Enpass Assistant (Formerly Helper). It offers excellent autofilling experience with browser extensions, and you can invoke it from a Keyboard shortcut or System Menu bar.
- Always run Enpass Assistant in docked mode: From now onwards, you can stick the Enpass Assistant on the screen, and it won’t disappear when you click outside it. You can enable it from Enpass General settings under the Behavior section. Also, once the Enpass Assistant is opened, you can use the Keyboard shortcut Shift+Ctrl+ D to stick it on the screen.
- Keyfile Support: You want to have a super-duper strong master password, huh! Yeah, but memory has a limit to memorize it. No worries, you can use Enpass 6 to let you use Enpass-Keyfile in addition to your master password as a second factor required to unlock the Enpass on every platform.
- Website icons aka Favicons: Long-awaited support for Favicons is now available in Enpass as Website Icons. Yippe! Jump on to Enpass Settings -> Customize -> Website Icons and see the list swapping default icons to the respective URLs.
- Pwned Password section in Password Audit: A section for the passwords which are Pwned (compromised in a hack) under the Password Audit sections. The app will securely check all your passwords against the list of breached passwords in the past (via haveibeenhacked.com), and if found, the compromised passwords will appear under this section, which we recommend should be changed immediately.
- Classic View: Many of our Windows users still loving the Classic View and demanded the same for Enpass. And here it is. For Windows 7 and 8 the app by default run in the Classic theme and for Windows 10 you need to enable it from the app Settings > Customize > Theme > Select the Classic option and restart the app.
- Password subset: The feature makes a comeback, Enpass now lets you see certain characters of a password as specified by position. For example, “1st, 3rd, next-to-last, last” by just mentioning their place in a specified format.
- Exporting database in CSV Format: Now in addition to the JSON & TXT we also support exporting your data in the CSV format.
- Custom Icons: Let’s you set any image as an icon for an item.
- Trash & Archive: You know what to do with Trash. Archive those unwanted items which should be skipped while Searching.
- Identities: Create identities with personal information for auto-filling long, tedious sign-up forms with a single click.
- Multi-Line Field: It’s a new field type where you can save data in multiple-lines.
- History of Every Field: Like password fields, you can now see the history of changes in every kind of fields in an item except Notes.
- Dark theme: Added support for dark mode on macOS Mojave and Linux.
- A separate section under the ‘Groups’ tab to have a quick look at all TOTPs & Attachments.
- Added localization support for Afrikaans, Malay, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Romanian, Slovak and Swedish.
- Now use PageUp/PageDown and Home/End buttons to scroll through items in the item listing.
- Enhanced the UI for light themes.
- Windows clipboard history won’t have any data copied from Enpass app.
Enpass Portable users can continue using the existing version or download the latest version from here. We urge our users to spread the word on the Enpass community about the newest release so that we get maximum feedback from our users.
If you have any queries or concerns regarding Enpass Portable, please visit here.
Thanks for all the screenshots! Keyfile is certainly not hidden. Try removing the keyfile and generate a new keyfile to a different location. Check if that makes it accessible without Enpass.
NO TOUCH ID
We regret the inconvenience.
Please confirm the Enpass version, device OS and model. If possible, share a screenshot of Enpass security settings. Meanwhile, we're looking into this.
We're continuously working on improving the app experience and adding new features. We understand WiFi sync has been in the list for long. We aren't confident of when, but, the feature is still in our list for implementation.
What all options have you enabled under Enpass Autofill settings? Meanwhile, we're already working on the user's feedback.
On 4/11/2020 at 1:31 AM, TTowers said:
but the password that is filled in the form does not match the one seen or chosen in the corresponding window to generate password.
Yes! That's a bug in the current stable version of Enpass and we'll be releasing a fix for this soon.
We already have this request in our road map. Moreover, it's not a bug or an impending issue, but a feature request so we've not put this in priority as of now.
On 4/3/2020 at 12:34 AM, Statim said:
Is there any news on this topic to expect? It's been a year and nothing so far.
This is already in our road-map for future but as of now, we're concentrating more on fixing existing issue with mobiles and desktops. So, we can't confirm when this will be picked up.
Enpass purchases are fetched from the PlayStore (on Android) and hence restoring purchases on a platform with no PlayStore account info will probably give errors. Because we don't support /e/ platform, so unfortunately, we aren't aware of a possible solution to this.
The deleted passwords would be in the "Trash" folder in Enpass. Make sure you empty the "Trash" only after you've saved the passwords somewhere else.
Welcome to Enpass forums. We need some more info to better understand your concerns. Please share the Enpass version, device model and OS you're using. Additionally, if you have some screenshot(s) - they'll be helpful.
On 4/1/2020 at 3:21 PM, Josie said:
There is no possibility for me to exclude anything. I even cannot find the option "settings"
Make sure you're using the same Sophos installation (Sophos Home etc.).
Sorry for getting back late! Could you please share the video (screen-record) of the problem at firstname.lastname@example.org? It'll be easier for us to keep the track of this issue. Do mention the forum topic or link in the mail you send. We'll have this checked.
@aezren Thanks for posting on the forums.On 4/1/2020 at 12:50 AM, aezren said:
Would it be possible to extend the viewing height of the note field on iOS?
Unfortunately, no! It's not possible, however, we do have it in our bucket of feature requests. We might have this implemented in the future.
@Fabian1 Do you face this issue while creating item(s) in a particular template or with every template?
@Rojma I am sorry for the trouble and the late replies. I regret answering this too late. Could you please follow the below steps to check if the issue fixes:
- Please disconnect the sync on all the devices that are syncing with the One Drive account. If you already have all the data on the device(s), proceed to the next step.
- Login to OneDrive on a browser and rename the file inside Enpass folder to old_vaultxxx.sync.
- Re-connect the sync on all devices with the same One Drive account and check if the issue fixes.
@MarkM I regret the trouble while importing data. Which version of Enpass you have on your system? Also, share the OS and the device where you're facing the issue.
@Vipul Did you update Enpass to the latest version 6.4.1 on Mac? Try installing Enpass from a different source. Example: if you're using an app based installation, please install Enpass from the website or vice-versa and then sync with iCloud. Make sure to back up the data before uninstalling the app.
@cpyne What is the particular issue you're having with Enpass version 6? If you could share a screenshot, that would be helpful.
Disable Minimize to System Tray when you click X
in Windows PC
@patanne Thanks for your inputs. We'll be working on this to close the app with the cross(X) button in the Windows platform.