chase

Squeezing Pro User?

Hey,

We totally understand your concern and apologies for the trouble. Our team is working to remove the alert/red banner displaying on the screen. The same will be removed in the next update. Thanks!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/14/2020 at 4:18 PM, My1 said:

well there is a one-time option. the like 70€ lifetime option

But it's the same price a new user would pay. In fact, Pro users have no privileges over new users, if not 6 months discounted whether they choose the subscription.

Edited by lammoth

2 hours ago, lammoth said:

But it's the same price a new user would pay. In fact, Pro users have no privileges over new users, if not 6 months discounted whether they choose the subscription.

Not entirely correct. After contacting support, they did offer a 40% discount to the lifetime Enterprise license. For me, the feature differences is too small to justify that cost at this time.
I did choose to opt for the highly discounted subscription for one year to see how things evolve. If nothing noteworthy is there for Premium compared to Pro after that period, I'll just fall back to my Pro lifetime license and reevaluate the situation at that time.

11 hours ago, Garima Singh said:

Hey,

We totally understand your concern and apologies for the trouble. Our team is working to remove the alert/red banner displaying on the screen. The same will be removed in the next update. Thanks!

So you're not going to do anything for the lifetime people other than giving the option to hide the banner. Gotcha.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 1/11/2021 at 8:27 AM, Garima Singh said:

Hey,

Soooo....

A. it's still not fixed

B. You're still not doing anything for your founding members. We were your ambassadors, the ones who wrote about it, who recommended it to others. Hell, I purchased multiple lifetime licenses. You've seen what's happening to your rating and the reviews in the play store... The "discount" is just a slap in the face.

You're the ones who offered a lifetime license, you're STILL offering it, so saying we should all just switch to a subscription is BS. Hell, the desktop version still says "All-access".

image.png.403288ce8f7db88feb2e2b9d9ba2f92b.png

I'm fine with upgrading for a minor fee, but the way you're treating existing vs new users (like the $25 lifetime premium license, which is the same price as the renewal price for premium).

Edited by MoonRaven
  • Thanks 1

I don’t see the benefit of paying this high yearly amount for this little new feature that is just an open source without any own Threat Intelligence investigation by enpass team. If they would search for breaches ok, but it seems they just rely on haveibeenpwned or did I miss something?

and even for 2FA there are websites that provide this information for free. You can search for websites that provide 2FA, enpass just maps free of charge data with their app and charge for it.

1 hour ago, SKytyyy said:

and even for 2FA there are websites that provide this information for free. You can search for websites that provide 2FA, enpass just maps free of charge data with their app and charge for it.

Well not 2FA, that's just things like the TOTP. The breach monitor is something we as users can access for free, but for software, they might have to pay for each check. Still, they promised the new features and they still offer a lifetime subscription.