Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass 6 Beta for iOS is released with Password Autofill, Siri Shortcuts and more.

Vikram Dabas

Hello Enpassians!

The first Enpass 6 beta for iOS has finally arrived with Password Autofill, Siri Shortcuts, New UI, Multiple Vaults and many other enhancements.

Get ready to explore the Enpass 6!

• Password Autofill in iOS 12: Supports the awesome Password Autofill by iOS. To enable, head straight to Settings> Passwords & Accounts > AutoFill Passwords and turn on the AutoFill Passwords. Also, make sure you select the Enpass from the provided options to allow autofilling in the third-party apps.
  • Siri Shortcuts: Now you can create Siri Shortcuts to any Enpass item individually, and open that item directly with your voice request to Siri. To create the Siri Shortcuts, open an Enpass item > Click 'Add to Siri' > set command, and done.
  • New UI: Enpass 6 comes with an all-new UI, making it even more user-friendly and intuitive.
  • Multiple-Vaults: Now you can share data with your family, friends or team members by using multiple vaults. Each vault must be synced with a separate cloud account (could be of the same service provider) for syncing. 
  • Cloud Sync: An improved cloud synchronization mechanism with iCloud, Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, WebDAV. 
  • Custom Icon: Add your own icons to the items.
  • Apple Watch support.
  • Trash: Added support to Trash the items.
  • Archive: You can now archive the items which are no longer in use, but you don't want to delete them forever. Also, the archived items don't appear in search results.
  • Keyfile support: You can now additionally use a Keyfile along with the master password to log into Enpass.
  • Secure Sharing: Enpass now allows you to explicitly encrypt a shared item using your own Pre-Shared Key (PSK). You can define the PSKs in Enpass Advanced settings.

The Enpass Beta versions for iOS will be distributed to our Beta Subscribers only through TestFlight.You can get your copy by subscribing to our beta program and it's mandatory that you provide your Apple ID (E-mail) while subscribing to Beta program below.

Subscribe to Beta Program

Important Notes

• Separate app: The Enpass 6 beta app will be downloaded as a separate app and will not replace the existing app on your phone.
  • Restoring existing data: You can restore your existing data from previous versions into Enpass 6 from 'Welcome screen' over Wi-Fi or from 'Backup' file. 
    In case if you are syncing your Enpass 5 with iCloud Drive, then you can easily restore your data via Welcome Screen > Restore Existing Data > Select 'Files' under 'Backup File' > iCloud Drive > Enpass folder > sync_default.walletx.
    Also, if you have already used Beta version of Enpass 6 on any other device and have synced it to the cloud before, you can restore data from there.
  • Synchronization: Since Enpass 6 is based on a new architecture, so it will neither sync nor access the database of Enpass 5 or previous versions.
  • All beta versions are precursors of final products. They are intended for testing purposes only and should not be used any place where your data is important. Please backup your database before testing a beta release.
  • The beta app may contain some features that are still in development and not fully functional.

Explore the excellent features and don't forget to share the feedback or report the bugs to betabugs@enpass.io to keeps our developers engaged for next beta release. 

Cheers!

Hi,

is it possible to "restore" data from enpass 5 (dropbox sync) to this new beta enpass 6? Im little confused from the sentence: 

• Synchronization: Since Enpass 6 is based on a new architecture, so it will neither sync nor access the database of Enpass 5 or previous versions.

but one sentence before you wrote this:

...  synced it to the cloud before, you can restore data from there.

thanks for your help

Lukas

It works well on iOS 12 beta.

1. Change icon works well without crashing as Windows and MacOS.

2. AutoFill works perfect. This feature is 1Password demo first but Enpass 6 go first for beta. :x

3. "Unlock Sound" does not work with AutoFill. It always has sound although other features work well with "Unlock Sound"

Hey guys,

Thanks for using Enpass beta and sharing your feedback.

20 hours ago, remo10 said:

GREAT JOB SO FAR.
LOOKING FORWARD TO USE ENPASS 6 IN MY DAILY ROUTINE!

Thanks for your appreciation.:)

19 hours ago, luk@s said:

is it possible to "restore" data from enpass 5 (dropbox sync) to this new beta enpass 6? Im little confused from the sentence: 

I would like to share that restoring Enpass 5 data directly from the cloud is not possible because both the Enpass 6 and 5 sync data to a different location on clouds. You need to restore the backup file of Enpass 5 over WiFi (using backup and restore Service). For more details please refer to this post.

Hope this helps!

19 hours ago, remo10 said:

I can support you with some german translations if you like?!

Thanks a lot for showing interest. We have noted your interest and will get back to you.

17 hours ago, DoubleM said:

It is spamming Face ID requests for me. It is unusable.

Noted and notified the dev team to look into it.

16 hours ago, Qema said:

Well...i did registered for Beta Testing but i didn't receive Redeem Code yet !!

Please share your Apple ID via PM so that we can check.

6 hours ago, Binh Truong said:

3. "Unlock Sound" does not work with AutoFill. It always has sound although other features work well with "Unlock Sound"

Noted and notified the dev team to look into it.

4 hours ago, Snoopy said:

Fix Drag and drop from one category to another Example...."Drag and drop" from 'Login" category to "Travel" category.

This function works on Enpass5 for Mac

Noted and forwarded to the concerned desk.

Cheers!

On 9/7/2018 at 10:43 AM, Anshu kumar said:

I would like to share that restoring Enpass 5 data directly from the cloud is not possible because both the Enpass 6 and 5 sync data to a different location on clouds. You need to restore the backup file of Enpass 5 over WiFi (using backup and restore Service). For more details please refer to this post.

Hope this helps!

This seems like a needless complication step, don't you think?

Apparently Enpass 6 is quite capable of importing an Epass 5 vault if provided via Files or Wifi method.
So it would seem a relatively simple thing to modify the cloud import logic like this in Enpass 6:

1. First look into the "Enpass 6" location on Google Drive or iCloud Drive. 
  2. If nothing found, look into the "Enpass 5" location on the same cloud drive.

Or is there some other technical challenge that makes this flow impossible?
After all we're in the Import step, there are great chances that users will want to import data from past versions as well, and this is currently a show stopper.
This was the first problem I had when starting my beta-test, and stopped me immediately.

I appreciate that in the latest beta you have added a warning message when you start the import process.
However this still seems like a needless complication, and a difficult hurdle when you only have a mobile device at hand. I could not complete the Wifi/Files import initially because I had no computer at hand and iCloud sync was not available (my vault is on GDrive) so I could not even use the "Files" method.

Thanks for working on such a great product!!

I'm trying to sync with my existing Enpass 6 (macOs) webdav vault. After login in (100% certain the credentials are valid, including the url with a /remote.php/webdav/ prefix), the 'Connecting' message stays on screen and the spinner icon keeps spinning. I have waited for some time but nothing seems to happen. 

IMG_A3A1A3B5B85E-1.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Anshu kumar

I get the same error on my account, using the latest Enpass 6 Beta on iOS 12.

I can see, that the file /Enpass6-Beta/vault.enpassdbsync is downloaded by the iPhone in my WebDAV log, but nothing happens inside the app.

I'm using the built-in WebDAV Server on my Synology NAS - only available in my LAN

Everything is working fine with Enpass 5 btw.

• 1 month later...

On 10/3/2018 at 4:55 PM, Syourt said:

I'm trying to sync with my existing Enpass 6 (macOs) webdav vault. After login in (100% certain the credentials are valid, including the url with a /remote.php/webdav/ prefix), the 'Connecting' message stays on screen and the spinner icon keeps spinning. I have waited for some time but nothing seems to happen. 

IMG_A3A1A3B5B85E-1.jpeg

Any updates on this? Sadly i still can't login on my iPhone.