Enpass Discussion Forum

WebDAV sync + restore still broken in 6.0.3

Daniel.Muth

Since upgrading to Enpass 6 the WebDAV sync to my Synology DiskStation is broken and this still was not fixed by updating to 6.0.3. It worked perfectly fine for Enpass 5. I can log in with my Synology account but on syncing I still get error 904405. The folder structure on my Synology is

home/Enpass/vault.enpassdbsync

The filename changed when upgrading to Enpass 6, previously it was sync_default.walletx. The Enpass 6 desktop apps for Windows and MacOS sync fine via folder sync to the new file.

I also tried HTTP instead of HTTPS, still not working.

However, what makes it even worse now is that I completely cleared the app data trying to restore the vault and configuring the sync afterwards to see if it helps (it didn't). If I try to restore the vault even with the Wifi feature or the file restore feature (by previously sending the vault via AirDrop to the iPhone's local storage), it says my master password is wrong! The same master password works fine for the same vault file on Windows and MacOS!

Please help because right now I don't have any passwords on my iPhone because of this. :-(

• Like 1

Hi folks,

same for me which is why I registered here as this drives me crazy. It worked like a charm in version 5 but since the forced update to 6 there are errors all over. I really question if somone is testing the software as we hear since Version 6.0.1 that it should work now.

With iOS you can somehow sync if there is no vault on the webdav directory yet. Somehow because the sync page says "Last sync at hh:mm:ss" (put any time you want as it is updated every 10 seconds or so). This was not the case in version 5 and it is not if you use iCloud to sync. Beside that it's not working at all if you try to sync with the version 6 PC App from Windows store. There you get an error (either in the Windows App if the iPhone created the vault or on iPhone if Windows App created the vault). I assume that it is not the Windows App as this meanwhile works as expected with webdav sync as long as you don`t try to also add your iOS devices (see above). As said before doing this with iCloud (iOS and Windows) works which is my current workaround but should not be the target as I want to use my OwnCloud setup which is under my control and which was btw. the reason I purchased Enpass.

@Enpass team: Please try to win back credit from your customers in fixing this asap. I guess I'm not the only user which is more interested in stable functionality than in fancy UI enhancements.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hi!

I'm evaluating Enpass free version for Android.
Trying to setup sync with WebDAV on Yandex Disk (https://disk.yandex.ru) and getting an error like many users in this forum.

Why I'm posting in this thread it's the situation is quite similar - I had no problem with OLD version, but modern version is not working anymore.
In fact I'm also getting similar error using modern versions of Keepass2Android app. That's a reason I'm currently using old version of Keepass2Android (1.0.0-f) too - and it works just fine.
Seems like a regression in some HTTPS or WebDAV library you (and Keepass2Android) are using in your app.

You can sign up to Yandex Disk to get access to free demo account to check the issue. Maybe it is also makes sense to analyze Keepass2Android diff between modern version and version 1.0.0-f to get some hints.

Thanks.

Here is exact error text from Enpass:
Something went wrong while syncing with WebDAV. Error code: 908401

Problem Enpass version and OS:
Enpass 6.0.3.195
Android 8.0.0

Hey together,

same problem here. I'm not able to set up sync via WebDav on my Synology NAS. Tried every combination with or without "https", even with the dedicated WebDav-Port on my router. Error code is 904405.
The login data for the server seems to be stored in Enpass, but there is the error code with every try to sync.
Same problem and error code in Android as well.
Enpass 6.0.3 on MacOS 10.14.3
Newest App Update on Android 8.0.0

Thanks for fixing in advance!

59 minutes ago, Anshu kumar said:

Hey @airborn 

If possible can you please share the demo account of your WebDAV via PM so that we can investigate where the problem could be and try to fix asap.

Thanks for your co-operation.

I would like to ask you to test WebDAV issues with Yandex Disk (https://disk.yandex.ru). Since it has same problems like many users report on OwnClowd, NextCloud and Synology NAS, I suupose you can use it to reproduce WebDAV problem with Enpass. You can easily sign up to free account instead of asking Enpass users to provide demo accounts on their NAS'es and OwnClouds.

2 hours ago, Anshu kumar said:

Hey @airborn 

If possible can you please share the demo account of your WebDAV via PM so that we can investigate where the problem could be and try to fix asap.

Sorry, but I'd rather wait for the next update. I'm obviously not the only user with this problem via WebDav.

I can confirm it is broken since 6.0.0. Guys come on ! My config is iOS trying to sync with a Nextcloud 13 running on Qnap NAS. Sorry but no test account.

Synching with MacOS to the same location is no problem. So it must be an iOS problem.

Currently the software became almost useless.

• Like 1

Hello,

- creating a new store  and pushing this store from PC (Windows 10, Enpass 6.0.4.268) to a webdav server work fine.

- restore this store from another PC (Windows 10, Enpass 6.0.4.268) from webdav server work fine.

- restore this store from iPhone (IOS 12.1.3, Enpass 6.0.3 219) from webdav doesnt work: "Could not connect to specified WebDAV folder. Check your username and password"

- restore this store from MacBook (IOS 10.14.3, Enpass 6.0.3.?) from webdav doesnt work: "Could not connect to specified WebDAV folder. Check your username and password"

I use exactly the same settings (credentials + webdav link) from PC and IOS, so  please let me know how to debug what's wrong with Enpass on IOS.

Best Regards

My experience with 6.04:

Creating a safe with Mac OSX and pushing it to a Webdav Server works fine!

Restore with 6.04 on iOS via Webdav doesn‘t work! "Could not connect to specified WebDAV folder. Check your username and password"

I feel also like a Beta Tester...

Edited by Emmitt
  • Like 1

On 2/1/2019 at 3:31 PM, i7bit said:

I would like to ask you to test WebDAV issues with Yandex Disk (https://disk.yandex.ru). Since it has same problems like many users report on OwnClowd, NextCloud and Synology NAS, I suupose you can use it to reproduce WebDAV problem with Enpass. You can easily sign up to free account instead of asking Enpass users to provide demo accounts on their NAS'es and OwnClouds.

@Anshu kumar, have you tried to reproduce WebDAV issue?

BTW since you are obviously don't have enough resources to focus on low priority issues like this, please consider at least adding more meaningful error messages on WebDAV errors. Also it makes sense to add an option in app to collect detailed log with debug information. It will be much easier for us users to provide such a log rather than sniff WebDAV traffic with Wireshark or something.

Still broken in iOS version 6.0.4. I can't provide a demo account as I restricted access to my Synology from the internet (on purpose), sorry! (I only sync when I am in my WLAN at home or connected via VPN.)

For the time being I have to regularly reimport the vault file via non-WebDAV restore functionality to keep my passwords in sync. It's a pain in the *** so pls let us know as soon as you've fixed this @Anshu kumar.

Thanks,
Daniel

Edited by Daniel.Muth

On 2/1/2019 at 12:27 PM, Anshu kumar said:

Hey @airborn 

Hello Anshu Kumar,

you still have my test-data - so we still co-operate... But where are you?

Greetz

On 2/26/2019 at 11:45 AM, Emmitt said:

Beta 6.0.6 (Desktop) changelog: „Fixed the synchronization for various WebDAV configurations.„  ??

But the problem exist on iOS-Devices...!!

So does this mean we can hope for the issue being fixed when 6.0.6 is released to the iOS App Store (6.0.4 is still latest version there)?

• Confused 1

Hello everybody,

Since I was also facing the problem and did not really get help here, I'll tell you now, how it works under Synology to 100% !!!

Before a small remark: The service on WebDav was really not good of you and constantly to refer to a demo account and then not even a normal WebDav connection over other WebDav programs made to get though everything is running very clearly shows that in the case just did not put your prio! It was so annoying that you almost lost me as a customer, but now yes !!!

Changes to the previous version:
Apparently what has changed in the resolution of the local folder paths and thus always comes the error that he can not access!

Solution:

Create a shared folder "Enpass".

Then I created another folder per user, for example "Test"

The internal path looks like this:
/Volume1/Enpass/Test/

Now very important, now you put again a folder at the Enpass means:

/Volume1/Enpass/Test/Enpass/

In the folder "Test" you put your tresor / file: vault.enpassdbsync

The final path for the user "test" will look like this:

/volume1/Enpass/Test/Enpass/vault.enpassdbsync

Respite ... ;-)

In order for access to work on Enpass then the https must look like this (here it gets exciting and the actual error is visible):

https://example.DYNDNS.net:5001/Enpass/Test/

important here is the specification of the port. If you have specified an individual port, of course, just enter this port there ;-).

Of course, in DSM the user who defines it will give the read / write permission to the shared folder and also the WebDav right under programs.

That's it, it works!

Either the team picks up the hint and corrects their faq or corrects the procedure. no matter what you do, please inform us about it so that we do not face the problem again that it will not work!

Small note:
Thus, you can create multiple safes / users and synonymous synonymous via WebDav Syncronieren. I have always created the user folder and the folder underneath if I already had a vault. I then put the vault in the Enpass folder as described above.

I apologize for the bad translation, my english is cruel. If you have any questions I will try to answer them in English, but in German it would be much easier :).

many Greetings
Seger